Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
really strange bug - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: really strange bug (/thread-14509.html)

really strange bug - zombiehacker595 - 04-05-2012

so i have been working on this map for a couple of hours and for some reason one sledge hammer crashes the whole game the aim was to get the player to go into a room door closes behind them and the locked message was that the sledge hammer could break it down i did the scripting but for some reason the sledge crashes the whole game i went back and deleted it and the map loaded fine any one have any clues as to why this is happining???? if not i guess i can just use a shovel Smile

RE: really strang bug - Tekkie - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 11:23 AM)zombiehacker595 Wrote: so i have been working on this map for a couple of hours and for some reason one sledge hammer crashes the whole game the aim was to get the player to go into a room door closes behind them and the locked message was that the sledge hammer could break it down i did the scripting but for some reason the sledge crashes the whole game i went back and deleted it and the map loaded fine any one have any clues as to why this is happining???? if not i guess i can just use a shovel Smile

I would suggest pasting the scripting from your .hps file here, so that the coders can point out which bit of coding you've written is causing the crash. I don't think it's the actual item, more, how you've added it to the game and how you've told the game you want the player to use it =]

RE: really strang bug - zombiehacker595 - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 11:25 AM)Tekkie Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 11:23 AM)zombiehacker595 Wrote: so i have been working on this map for a couple of hours and for some reason one sledge hammer crashes the whole game the aim was to get the player to go into a room door closes behind them and the locked message was that the sledge hammer could break it down i did the scripting but for some reason the sledge crashes the whole game i went back and deleted it and the map loaded fine any one have any clues as to why this is happining???? if not i guess i can just use a shovel Smile

I would suggest pasting the scripting from your .hps file here, so that the coders can point out which bit of coding you've written is causing the crash. I don't think it's the actual item, more, how you've added it to the game and how you've told the game you want the player to use it =]

AddEntityCollideCallback("cellar_wood01_2", "sledge_1", "BreakDoor", true, 1);
}

void BreakDoor(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("cellar_wood01_2", false);
}
and i got no error message saying the script was wrong i got that huge game crash message saying something is wrooooong so yea i dont know what is going on
nvm script is fucked a shovel was already on the map i just replaced the sledges name with the shovels on the script and got major crash i think im gonna have to ditch it Sad

RE: really strange bug - flamez3 - 04-05-2012

Instead of
SetEntityActive("cellar_wood01_2", false);, try SetPropHealth("cellar_wood01_2", 0.0f);

RE: really strange bug - Xanthos - 04-05-2012

There's another glitch I found when testing my story.
The bucket entity you can grab. If you grab it by the handle and hold it up it will fly every where.

RE: really strange bug - JetlinerX - 04-05-2012

Enable NoCollide?

RE: really strange bug - zombiehacker595 - 04-06-2012

nah i fixed it i just added a script area and made it work Smile

RE: really strange bug - JetlinerX - 04-06-2012

Sweet, sorry I couldnt be more helpful! Tongue

RE: really strange bug - zombiehacker595 - 04-06-2012

(04-06-2012, 04:24 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: Sweet, sorry I couldnt be more helpful! Tongue

haha thats ok Big Grin