Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) (/thread-14609.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - 6maryjane - 10-26-2012

I'm trying to run a mod called disponentia, I can run amnesia, but whenever I open up disponentia and I click on start new game the loading screen crashes and the same error pops up. Not quite sure what the problem is, I have enough space the and amnesia update thing.

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - Statyk - 10-26-2012

(10-26-2012, 02:00 AM)6maryjane Wrote: I'm trying to run a mod called disponentia, I can run amnesia, but whenever I open up disponentia and I click on start new game the loading screen crashes and the same error pops up. Not quite sure what the problem is, I have enough space the and amnesia update thing.
I'm not sure why you had to bump a 2 month old thread for this, but where did you get the game from?

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - darkely - 10-26-2012

Black Box aka a repack of a game stripped of any DRM protection and anything that is not part of core game play. In other words pirated copy.

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - Robby - 10-26-2012

(10-26-2012, 05:10 AM)darkely Wrote: Black Box aka a repack of a game stripped of any DRM protection and anything that is not part of core game play. In other words pirated copy.
Don't really say that until we get a reply.

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - MrNintendude1 - 11-02-2012

I have the same problem but now i know i need better cards/drivers because i have the GDI Generic renderer, but where can i get what i need? Huh

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - RawkBandMan - 11-03-2012

(10-26-2012, 02:00 AM)6maryjane Wrote: I'm trying to run a mod called disponentia, I can run amnesia, but whenever I open up disponentia and I click on start new game the loading screen crashes and the same error pops up. Not quite sure what the problem is, I have enough space the and amnesia update thing.
If you are running the game at anything but High settings, it will crash with a black box (or I could be thinking of another mod...)

@above, What is your graphics card and OS?

@darkely, That is not necessarily true. In most cases, it's because of bad drivers or not a powerful enough graphics card (had it happen to me MULTIPLE times on my old computer).

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - MrNintendude1 - 11-04-2012

(11-03-2012, 01:08 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: How do i check what my graphics card and OS? sorry im new to computer gaming. @XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX

If you are running the game at anything but High settings, it will crash with a black box (or I could be thinking of another mod...)

@above, What is your graphics card and OS?

@darkely, That is not necessarily true. In most cases, it's because of bad drivers or not a powerful enough graphics card (had it happen to me MULTIPLE times on my old computer).

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - RawkBandMan - 11-06-2012

(11-04-2012, 06:44 AM)MrNintendude1 Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 01:08 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: How do i check what my graphics card and OS? sorry im new to computer gaming. @XxRoCkBaNdMaNxx
To check these, go to the Start Menu > Run, and type in dxdiag, and click Ok. If a box pops up, click Ok on it, and let it load. Once it loads, Tell me what it says beside 'Operating System'. Next, go to the Display tab on the top, and tell me what it says beside 'Name'

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - Thinker - 02-03-2013

I can run Amnesia fine, but when I try to run my own mod (I checked all the cfgs ad they seem to be fine) it comes up with black box also...

RE: Can't Play Amnesia !!! (BLACK BOX) - PutraenusAlivius - 02-03-2013

Thinker, check the solution in previous posts. And why did you bump a 2 month dead thread?