Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
I need help getting custom stories to show. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-37.html)
+---- Thread: I need help getting custom stories to show. (/thread-15015.html)

I need help getting custom stories to show. - Ineedhelp - 04-22-2012

So I want some custom stories, but can't get them to show in the list in the main menu. I have the actual game disc, and windows. I put the download in the custom_stories folder in the redist folder, but there're not showing. Can anyone help me. Btw I have the Justine pack.

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - Statyk - 04-23-2012

How are you installing them into your custom_stories folder?

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - Ineedhelp - 04-23-2012

Like so I went to Mod Db and downloaded it, then moved to the custom_stories the redist file in the Amnesia - The Dark Descent folder. Yet it doesn't show, and I can't figure out what to do.

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - Cranky Old Man - 04-23-2012

(04-23-2012, 01:58 AM)Ineedhelp Wrote: Like so I went to Mod Db and downloaded it, then moved to the custom_stories the redist file in the Amnesia - The Dark Descent folder. Yet it doesn't show, and I can't figure out what to do.
There's an actual game disc? I thought this game was download only. You're not trying to move the custom_stories folder into the folder located on your CD, are you? ...because that won't work.

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - Ineedhelp - 04-23-2012

No, like the custom_stories folder is in the redist folder in the Amnesia - The Dark Descent folder. I move the download (btw I'm trying to get the Dark Room CS) into the custom_stories folder, then launch ATDD, and it says I have no Custom Stories.

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - Cranky Old Man - 04-23-2012

(04-23-2012, 02:28 AM)Ineedhelp Wrote: No, like the custom_stories folder is in the redist folder in the Amnesia - The Dark Descent folder. I move the download (btw I'm trying to get the Dark Room CS) into the custom_stories folder, then launch ATDD, and it says I have no Custom Stories.
Okay, when you say that you moved the download,
did you move the packed archive into the folder,
did you unpack the archive and then moved the unpacked folder into the folder,
or did you unpack the archive and opened the unpacked folder and then moved the almost indentically named folder INSIDE the unpacked folder, into the folder?
Only the last option is the correct one.

Also, if Dark Room happens to be a full conversion instead of just a CS, then I can't help you.

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - SUMMER^ - 04-23-2012

(04-23-2012, 02:57 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 02:28 AM)Ineedhelp Wrote: No, like the custom_stories folder is in the redist folder in the Amnesia - The Dark Descent folder. I move the download (btw I'm trying to get the Dark Room CS) into the custom_stories folder, then launch ATDD, and it says I have no Custom Stories.
Okay, when you say that you moved the download,
did you move the packed archive into the folder,
did you unpack the archive and then moved the unpacked folder into the folder,
or did you unpack the archive and opened the unpacked folder and then moved the almost indentically named folder INSIDE the unpacked folder, into the folder?
Only the last option is the correct one.

Also, if Dark Room happens to be a full conversion instead of just a CS, then I can't help you.
This guy is right. Make sure the folder structure is something like "redist/custom_stories/Dark Room/darkroomfileshere" The dark room FOLDER should have some stuff like "extra_english.lang" and a folder called Maps (and some more stuff)

Also, it's possible that you may just be experiencing some very strange bug. Once, I kept installing a custom story, but it wouldn't show up, couldn't figure out why, so I just gave up. Loaded amnesia a few hours later, after I had restarted the computer, and the CS was there. Strangest thing, only happened to me once, ever.

RE: I need help getting custom stories to show. - PewDiePie - 04-23-2012

Open the custom_story_settings.txt file from the custom story folder. Hit Ctrl+S. Close and then restart amnesia. Works for me, it's really strange thing ^^