Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? (/thread-1512.html)

Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Skizelli - 01-17-2008

In the beginning of the Old shafts area, there is a map with "Northen Area" written at the top. To my knowledge, "Northen" isn't a word. Was this a typo or am I missing something?

RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Penumbra - 01-17-2008

I recently played this with some friends for the 3rd time. One of my friends noticed alot of mis-spelled words, mostly in the loading segments. Mabey Philip and whoever wrote that map doesn't know how to spell.

RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - AdamGeld - 01-18-2008

Maybe he just doesn't care what people fluent with English think about his English skills because he's too busy doing something more important, like running a business, programming, and making money.

P.S. Check your grammar.

RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Kedjane - 01-18-2008

I replayed the beginning a few days ago: ther is a lot and i mean [b]lots[7] of spelling erors.

RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Skizelli - 01-20-2008

AdamGeld Wrote:Maybe he just doesn't care what people fluent with English think about his English skills because he's too busy doing something more important, like running a business, programming, and making money.

P.S. Check your grammar.

No need to get snooty. I don't expect a game to be perfect, but spelling errors do tend to take away a certain something from a game. Especially if it's retail. It's not a big deal. The game is incredibly fun. But when I came across errors like that, specifically on something as important as a map, it kind of took me out of the moment, which, as a gamer, is disappointing to me.

RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Kedjane - 01-20-2008

Skizelli Wrote:
AdamGeld Wrote:Maybe he just doesn't care what people fluent with English think about his English skills because he's too busy doing something more important, like running a business, programming, and making money.

P.S. Check your grammar.

No need to get snooty. I don't expect a game to be perfect, but spelling errors do tend to take away a certain something from a game. Especially if it's retail. It's not a big deal. The game is incredibly fun. But when I came across errors like that, specifically on something as important as a map, it kind of took me out of the moment, which, as a gamer, is disappointing to me.
Yeah. My first playthrough I didn't notice, but now I've found lots. Especially I've found many "i"'s (In English you always say I, not i) and typos in diaries wich simply don't seem intended. Havn't seen that Northen yet, though perhaps it's Icelandish (or are you on Greenland? Kinda confused about that atm).

RE: Was "Northen" a typo on the map? - Penumbra - 01-20-2008

Un-inhabited Northen Greenland... Mabey its a British thing.