Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 (/thread-15157.html)

Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 - LikeABossGaming69 - 04-29-2012

I try to start the Amnesia: The Dark Descent demo and get the above error. All my drivers are updated and I'm running it at the lowest possible settings. I've attached my Error Log Smile Any Solutions?

UPDATE: I attached the right log

RE: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 - RawkBandMan - 04-29-2012

Could you please attach the hpl.log in the Documents/Amnesia/Main folder?

RE: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 - Cranky Old Man - 04-29-2012

That's the Windows error log.
Could you attach the Amnesia error log instead?
I'm not sure if it's there for the demo, but for the game owners, it's in Amnesias main folder, and is called hpl.log.

I'm not sure if it's there for the demo, but for the game owners, it's in Amnesias main folder, and is called hpl.log.

Do what the pony says.

RE: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 - LikeABossGaming69 - 04-29-2012

(04-29-2012, 04:46 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: That's the Windows error log.

Do what the pony says.

I did now Smile

(04-29-2012, 04:44 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Could you please attach the hpl.log in the Documents/Amnesia/Main folder?

Ok I did Smile

RE: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 001B:000000 - Cranky Old Man - 04-29-2012

(04-29-2012, 06:53 AM)LikeABossGaming69 Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 04:46 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: That's the Windows error log.

Do what the pony says.

I did now Smile

(04-29-2012, 04:44 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Could you please attach the hpl.log in the Documents/Amnesia/Main folder?

Ok I did Smile
You have a 10 year old budget graphics card that doesn't meet Amnesias minimum requirements. You'll need to buy a newer one.