Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion (/thread-15476.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Frankiescou - 05-21-2012

(05-20-2012, 10:59 PM)Measuring Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 04:52 AM)Frankiescou Wrote: Any different procedures to install on Mac? Are we supposed to overwrite the folders, or just mix contents?
I got no idea on how it works on mac but mix contents sound like its the one you should choose.
But how do I start it? I already mixed em, but .exe files are a no-no Sad

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Your Computer - 05-21-2012

Just now looking at the contents, i question the existence of TenebrisLake.exe. Who wrote and compiled it and what does it do that a system-dependent script can't do?

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Adny - 05-21-2012

(05-21-2012, 12:52 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Just now looking at the contents, i question the existence of TenebrisLake.exe. Who wrote and compiled it and what does it do that a system-dependent script can't do?
I believe the creator originally made a .exe in order to have an icon for it as opposed to the batch file which looks strange. Quickly after it was originally authorized on moddb, the creator took it down to replace it with a .bat file for ease of use, because there were many reports of people not being able to play it.

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Measuring - 05-21-2012

(05-21-2012, 01:36 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(05-21-2012, 12:52 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Just now looking at the contents, i question the existence of TenebrisLake.exe. Who wrote and compiled it and what does it do that a system-dependent script can't do?
I believe the creator originally made a .exe in order to have an icon for it as opposed to the batch file which looks strange. Quickly after it was originally authorized on moddb, the creator took it down to replace it with a .bat file for ease of use, because there were many reports of people not being able to play it.
That is correct, i added a batch file for people who can't use the .exe The .exe itself is doing the same thing as the batch file, its just there so we could use a new icon.

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Xanthos - 05-21-2012

Awesome looking!
The trailer made me jizz myself

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - HarshlyCritical - 05-21-2012

Stuck again:

Spoiler below!
Just got past the part in the Castle with the meat. Now I'm in a series of what appear to be empty rooms filled with bookcases. I moved one of the bookcases, and there's a stone wall. There's another room that is empty with broken chairs, another room that's locked, and a living area with a disgruntled spider. I was wandering around and did SOMETHING that made the knights move and block off a hallway, but I have no idea what it was or what I need to do to progress. Halp?

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Measuring - 05-21-2012

(05-21-2012, 06:07 AM)HarshlyCritical Wrote: Stuck again:

Spoiler below!
Just got past the part in the Castle with the meat. Now I'm in a series of what appear to be empty rooms filled with bookcases. I moved one of the bookcases, and there's a stone wall. There's another room that is empty with broken chairs, another room that's locked, and a living area with a disgruntled spider. I was wandering around and did SOMETHING that made the knights move and block off a hallway, but I have no idea what it was or what I need to do to progress. Halp?
Spoiler below!
If you look in one of the bookcases in the big room, there is a certain book that you can pull, then revisit the movable bookcase!

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - ooadrianoo - 05-21-2012

can anyone help me? it will crash when I start

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - HarshlyCritical - 05-22-2012

Just finished the game!

I have to say, this was an amazing mod. The new enemies, all the other custom content, the atmosphere of each room (particularly the Prison West Wing), it was all great. Outstanding visuals, fairly good voice acting and other pleasing aesthetics aside, I do think that this mod falls a little short of White Night.

I mean these criticisms as constructively as possible, because I can't stress enough how impressive this mod is (I actually can't believe that I'm one of only two Let's Players uploading videos of this, but I'm sure it will catch on soon and be in a ton of "Favorite Amnesia Mods" lists).

Spoiler below!
I found some of the puzzles to be a tad cryptic, only for the fact that there was a lack of supporting Mementos.

For example, the part where you're in complete darkness and you have to navigate toward the sounds you hear. I just thought something was wrong with my game, so I started moving around and eventually proc'd the next section. Putting the meat specifically on the bloody floor instead of just using it on the door was something that tripped me up for a while, too.

I think there should have been Mementos or something to hint at what you were supposed to do in these situations. When you fall into the utter darkness, a simple Memento saying "I should follow the sounds" or something would have gone a long way. It's not that it was that difficult to figure out, but when it's pitch black like that it's a little confusing; I would think most people would instantly think "oh, it's a bug!"

So really, the puzzles were fine, but I think there could have been more Mementos or more Notes that gave you direction as to how to solve them. One puzzle that was done well in that regard was the Lubricant-Pipe Lever Room one. I pick up the lubricant, I get a Memento telling me it's dry. I try to use it on the piston, and it says it won't work unless it's wet. Compare that scenario to the one with the Meat. The "Meat" item had no description, and there were no Mementos or hints to give you an idea of what to do with it. A simple Memento saying "I could use this as bait" would have given some direction to the player that they were supposed to set it on the blood. (As an aside, it would have been better to let the player use the Meat on the door, in my opinion. I know that I tried to use it on the door first, and when it said it didn't work, I moved on to other areas and didn't try to use it on the floor until much later)

Also, the ending. I got the ending where I saved Edward's children, but I wanted to see other two so I loaded my save. To my surprise, when I went to grab the Dynamite, it wasn't there! I was curious to see the other two possible endings. Sad Oh well.

Captain Hindsight aside, the mod was very, very good.

If I were to compare Tenebris Lake to White Night, I would say that Tenebris Lake is scarier, but White Night is higher quality overall in my opinion. Still, great job guys and I loved playing it. And of course, the whole thing will be up on YouTube very soon.

-HC

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion - Measuring - 05-22-2012

(05-22-2012, 12:06 AM)HarshlyCritical Wrote: Just finished the game!

I have to say, this was an amazing mod. The new enemies, all the other custom content, the atmosphere of each room (particularly the Prison West Wing), it was all great. Outstanding visuals, fairly good voice acting and other pleasing aesthetics aside, I do think that this mod falls a little short of White Night.

I mean these criticisms as constructively as possible, because I can't stress enough how impressive this mod is (I actually can't believe that I'm one of only two Let's Players uploading videos of this, but I'm sure it will catch on soon and be in a ton of "Favorite Amnesia Mods" lists).

Spoiler below!
I found some of the puzzles to be a tad cryptic, only for the fact that there was a lack of supporting Mementos.

For example, the part where you're in complete darkness and you have to navigate toward the sounds you hear. I just thought something was wrong with my game, so I started moving around and eventually proc'd the next section. Putting the meat specifically on the bloody floor instead of just using it on the door was something that tripped me up for a while, too.

I think there should have been Mementos or something to hint at what you were supposed to do in these situations. When you fall into the utter darkness, a simple Memento saying "I should follow the sounds" or something would have gone a long way. It's not that it was that difficult to figure out, but when it's pitch black like that it's a little confusing; I would think most people would instantly think "oh, it's a bug!"

So really, the puzzles were fine, but I think there could have been more Mementos or more Notes that gave you direction as to how to solve them. One puzzle that was done well in that regard was the Lubricant-Pipe Lever Room one. I pick up the lubricant, I get a Memento telling me it's dry. I try to use it on the piston, and it says it won't work unless it's wet. Compare that scenario to the one with the Meat. The "Meat" item had no description, and there were no Mementos or hints to give you an idea of what to do with it. A simple Memento saying "I could use this as bait" would have given some direction to the player that they were supposed to set it on the blood. (As an aside, it would have been better to let the player use the Meat on the door, in my opinion. I know that I tried to use it on the door first, and when it said it didn't work, I moved on to other areas and didn't try to use it on the floor until much later)

Also, the ending. I got the ending where I saved Edward's children, but I wanted to see other two so I loaded my save. To my surprise, when I went to grab the Dynamite, it wasn't there! I was curious to see the other two possible endings. Sad Oh well.

Captain Hindsight aside, the mod was very, very good.

If I were to compare Tenebris Lake to White Night, I would say that Tenebris Lake is scarier, but White Night is higher quality overall in my opinion. Still, great job guys and I loved playing it. And of course, the whole thing will be up on YouTube very soon.

-HC
I'm glad you enoyed it and we enjoyed your videos Tongue. Constructive critisism is allways welcome, and most of the stuff you mentioned has allready been changed for the upcomming patch. Smile