Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen (/thread-15886.html)

Pages: 1 2

Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - sneff - 06-06-2012

I am running a Acer G5900 predator desktop, windows 7 64 bit, with a core I7 870 cpu, 6 gig of ram and a nvidia geforce GT430.

When I first played the game after buying it from the humble bundle it worked fine I was able to play with out glitches or anything like that. I made my way in to the archives section with out any trouble, then saved my game and exited since it was late. Now when I go to load my game i can hear sounds and one time saw sub titles but that is all. no dot for the cross hair can not move or open inventory. I can open the menu to change setting save and exit the game ( that works fine ).

I my drivers are up to date and i have tried the SDL.dll fix. I have also tried resetting the graphics and tried setting them to low.

Any information to help solve this problem would be appreciated

RE: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - IsaacJGL - 06-06-2012

Well... First, when did you save? and second, (only try if you have the lamp and oil) Press F.

You can also try a new game.

RE: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - sneff - 06-06-2012

I saved in the room where you remember about being told that the castle is old and needs to be fixed up, and yes i have a lamp and oil and had already though to try using it.

also id rather not have to start a new game if it can be helped.

RE: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - jens - 06-06-2012

Try loading an earlier save and see if that makes a difference.

RE: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - plutomaniac - 06-06-2012

also, if indeed there is a problem, make sure that you attach us the hpl.log file again after the the issues happens and you exited the game.

RE: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - sneff - 06-06-2012

(06-06-2012, 08:16 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: also, if indeed there is a problem, make sure that you attach us the hpl.log file again after the the issues happens and you exited the game.
see the bottom of my first post

RE: Amnesia pleayed fine when first run but now only shows black screen - plutomaniac - 06-06-2012

AFTER the problem occurs. Your log seems to be just fine...

(06-06-2012, 10:58 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: AFTER the problem occurs. Your log seems to be just fine...
That is AFTER it occurred its been occurring since before I made that post, and I did not even know of such a file till after I read the information about the other fixes.
As proof that I am indeed having an issue I am attaching a link to a video i just made showing the problem i am having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biqnxj67di4&feature=plcp

Also just so there is no confusion here is another copy of the hpl.log file that is from what you see in that video.

If you start a new game, the save & exit and then resume does it happen again?

No it doesn't appear to, as well saves from before the room with the piano namely the start of the archives area load alright. How ever I have not tested too see if they will not load properly in the same area as that room.

Also as have I said in a previous post I'd really rather not have to start all over again or even backtrack too far, especially if its going to keep happening.