Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+---- Forum: Mac - Penumbra (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+---- Thread: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform (/thread-1884.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - gadpot - 03-08-2008

Trying to be patient (miss the game!!)...... any news on this? Thanks

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - Thomas - 03-08-2008

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1996

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - armandch - 04-23-2008

Hi everyone, I've noticed that the 1.0.3 Demo is released already, so I presume that the official 1.0.3 update is ready too. But I just couldn't find where to download the update. Does anyone know about that? Thanks! :-)

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - eXistenZ - 04-24-2008

armandch Wrote:Hi everyone, I've noticed that the 1.0.3 Demo is released already, so I presume that the official 1.0.3 update is ready too. But I just couldn't find where to download the update. Does anyone know about that? Thanks! :-)

Also I downloaded the compressed demo from both Filefront and macupdate and it's unexpandable, I tried whit the system uncompression tool, Stuffit and winzip on a PC always received an error message or an unusable DMG.

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - Urkle - 04-25-2008

eXistenZ Wrote:Also I downloaded the compressed demo from both Filefront and macupdate and it's unexpandable, I tried whit the system uncompression tool, Stuffit and winzip on a PC always received an error message or an unusable DMG.

Can you give me the MD5sum of the file? (from Terminal using md5sum penumbrademo.dmg)

They should be
51b12807b0083de54962c67cd11b2398 blackplaguedemo.dmg
6a3f8ac250acf107d8a9e3dad1a25ae3 penumbrademo.dmg

If they are not, then we have a bad mirror and I need to let them know so they can fix it.

Also, what version of OS X are you using???

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - Urkle - 04-25-2008

armandch Wrote:Hi everyone, I've noticed that the 1.0.3 Demo is released already, so I presume that the official 1.0.3 update is ready too. But I just couldn't find where to download the update. Does anyone know about that? Thanks! :-)

I'm finishing up the patch right now. Just waiting for final QA on a few things, but it should be out before the weekend.

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - eXistenZ - 04-25-2008

Urkle Wrote:
eXistenZ Wrote:Also I downloaded the compressed demo from both Filefront and macupdate and it's unexpandable, I tried whit the system uncompression tool, Stuffit and winzip on a PC always received an error message or an unusable DMG.

Can you give me the MD5sum of the file? (from Terminal using md5sum penumbrademo.dmg)

They should be
51b12807b0083de54962c67cd11b2398 blackplaguedemo.dmg
6a3f8ac250acf107d8a9e3dad1a25ae3 penumbrademo.dmg

If they are not, then we have a bad mirror and I need to let them know so they can fix it.

Also, what version of OS X are you using???

I tried decompressing the bz2 on 3 computers, a mac with 10.5.2, a mac with 10.4.9 (both dubleclicking and using stuffit expander) an a WinXP PC using winzip.

The md5 of PenumbraOvertureDemo_1.0.3.dmg.bz2 is: 6a3f8ac250acf107d8a9e3dad1a25ae3

only Stuffit extracts the Dmg file, but corrupted.
Both from Macupdate and filefront mirrors

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - eXistenZ - 04-25-2008

I resolved the mistery of the DEMO file.

the file I downloaded is PenumbraOvertureDemo_1.0.3.dmg.bz2, so i tried to decompress it to obtain the dmg, now i noticed that the bz2 file has the same md5 written by Urkle, so the solution is to delete the extension bz2 from the file name and open it like all dmg files.

Now the question is: why there is that wrong extension?

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - jens - 04-25-2008

Sounds strange, there shouldn't be any .bz2 on the files at all. There is none on the original, and non on the file hosts mentioned and none when retrieved home. Any chance you might use some special program to download or have done any modification to the OS, installed some program that might cause this?

Great to hear you found a solution just incase someone else in the future will have a similar problem!

RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform - armandch - 04-25-2008

Dear dev. team,

I just tried the patch, it's still a little strange.

My hardware:
Intel iMac 24" 2.4GHz C2D
ATI HD2600 Pro with 256M RAM
2G RAM

My setting is:
Resolution: 1920x1200 (edit the setting.cfg by hand)
Turn on every feature
Set the textures to the highest quality

This setting works fine in the 1.0.3 demo. But when I used the same setting in the newly patched version, the map on the desk in the very beginning room would disappear, and some other texture were weird, like the snow coat and the cabinet.

Thanks for your effort for the patch, and hope these issues could be solved soon. :-)