Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? (/thread-2001.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Fatbaticus - 04-25-2008

Didn't you see the front page about the requim? well..
I'm geussing you didn't anyways, so it really doesn't matter.
But if the hunter is in it i would probably reckon that would be awesome, so i reckon the hunter would be much more scary then the turngait monster. Thats why i preferd the the hunter because it looks like it will crawl at you so that would scare the crap out of me, so frictional games i hope you can get this monster finished if so that would be awesome Wink

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Yuhaney - 04-25-2008

Please, Frictional Games, make Hunter ready! Smile

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - WindexGlow - 04-25-2008

Hunter (the man guy) was unfinished model in the Tech Demo from the orignal artist leaving. As far as I know, the graphic gyro that made overture/black plague is not hte one that made The Hunter.

Frictional also got emails/bad reviews saying The Roach (tech demo) looked like a flying dolphine so they're less than likely to introduce strange looking things.

Lastly, it would be hard to fit that into the game unless Philip goes through a much older part of the mines...where the tuurngait disease started.

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Kedjane - 04-26-2008

WindexGlow Wrote:Hunter (the man guy) was unfinished model in the Tech Demo from the orignal artist leaving. As far as I know, the graphic gyro that made overture/black plague is not hte one that made The Hunter.

Frictional also got emails/bad reviews saying The Roach (tech demo) looked like a flying dolphine so they're less than likely to introduce strange looking things.

Lastly, it would be hard to fit that into the game unless Philip goes through a much older part of the mines...where the tuurngait disease started.
Really? From what I remember the Hunter is a completely done model (You can see it at at least two places), but it isn't animated because the animation guy left (hence the poor animation it has in the trailer).
I think Requiem will be set before P:O and P:BP.

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Yuhaney - 04-26-2008

I think too, that it's ready model just without animations...

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Im_Sexy - 04-26-2008

yes, please put the hunter on the game! it looks really awesome, imagine it crawling on the ceiling out of nowhere, really fast to get you!

but please dont add monsters like the bat on the tech demo, it sucked lol

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Umbra - 04-27-2008

Yes, put Hunters into Requem! May be you will put all demo-level?

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Yuhaney - 04-28-2008

All demo-level? What do you mean?

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - eliasfrost - 04-28-2008

I think he means putting the tech demo lvl into requiem.

RE: Is penumbra:requim the final and last chapter? - Kedjane - 04-28-2008

I'd love to see the tech demo (updated, ofcourse) somewhere. But I'm not sure if it fits in an actual videogame. I have heard however that they may do a post-mortem (They said something like that, meaning perhaps they'll revive some of the aspects of the Tech Demo).