Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: New Psychological Noire game - Inside (/thread-20282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 02-11-2013

Ha, I knew you were one of the devs Wink At which school/ university are you guys studying?

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Deep One - 02-11-2013

(02-11-2013, 05:20 PM)Syronix Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 05:09 PM)Deep One Wrote: Mental hospitals, asylums, blah blah blah... Seriously though, can we get something different some day?

Like what? Attics? Skyscraper? Plane? Ship? Tower? I suppose?

Ship would be fantastic.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Gigasonic121 - 02-11-2013

The Protagonist Devon Greene wakes up in a cell with no Idea where he is or How he go there. On the wall next to him are the words "Did the Survive". Once he leaves the cell he hears a man talking. He tries to communicate with him, asking how he got there and where his wife and daughter are.

You must solve puzzles within the asylum and collect information which will lead you to Devon's family.

This is all I can say unfortunately.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Kreekakon - 02-11-2013

Ah I see. What exactly is this project for? Graduation project, school project, or just something you guys want to do?

Also is there something more to "Did the Survive", because that sentence is not grammatically correct.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - PutraenusAlivius - 02-12-2013

Just like what Thomas said, add some normality. And add minimal to zero combat. Combat makes everything not scary. Rethink the title, too. Also, add some physics interaction. And asylum's are a bit overused. Use a place where it's normal. Have the protagonist to wake up at a house and thinking, "Where are my family?"
That is good. The little things up there can make everything realistic and it also adds immersion.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - eliasfrost - 02-12-2013

Am I the only one that thinks Amnesia as a plot device is extremely overrused?

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Kreekakon - 02-12-2013

(02-12-2013, 06:49 PM)nackidno Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks Amnesia as a plot device is extremely overrused?

No, you aren't. It is.

However execution of the followup is what decides if it's okay, or not.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Tiger - 02-14-2013

(02-11-2013, 05:43 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 05:20 PM)Syronix Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 05:09 PM)Deep One Wrote: Mental hospitals, asylums, blah blah blah... Seriously though, can we get something different some day?

Like what? Attics? Skyscraper? Plane? Ship? Tower? I suppose?

Ship would be fantastic.

Actually, FG already did that. But yeah, it would be pretty cool.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - PutraenusAlivius - 02-15-2013

All i hope the antagonist won't be a little girl with black long hair. It's too cliched.

RE: New Psychological Noire game - Inside - Tiger - 02-17-2013

(02-12-2013, 07:19 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Just like what Thomas said, add some normality. And add minimal to zero combat. Combat makes everything not scary. Rethink the title, too. Also, add some physics interaction. And asylum's are a bit overused. Use a place where it's normal. Have the protagonist to wake up at a house and thinking, "Where are my family?"
That is good. The little things up there can make everything realistic and it also adds immersion.

No...No.

Btw, 200th post Big Grin