Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? (/thread-20665.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Diz - 03-10-2013

Nooo, come back! We all make mistakes. <3

(03-10-2013, 02:46 AM)Thief1337 Wrote: 19 years old. Had dreams about the game. Scared shitless by the game. Stopped playing for 3 weeks after the first time I played.
The first night after I saw the Halloween teaser of A Machine For Pigs, I had a nightmare about it. Not because something looked scary in the trailer, considering you did not even get to see much, but due to mere anticipation and horror. For the first time, I felt the exact same way I did when I had my first meeting with The Dark Descent. Filled with absolute horror. Moving around in an old corridor, thinking something might be there. Going into a huge comfy lit room in the middle of nowhere with no windows. Suddenly hearing something closing in from the outside, me being scared shitless and going into a big and dark closet-like thing, staring into the corner.

I heard nothing at all for some time, so I slowly turned my head around. I saw something next to me, it froze me up completely. I cannot remember what it looked like, but it was something almost as big as me. It had, like, ten really thin spider legs, and I could not see its head or the rest of it, it was so dark. It appeared to stare right back at me, standing completely still and not making any noise. Suddenly, I heard a loud, terrifying noise, and I was dead. Then I woke up on the floor in a very big room in a mansion, and a man was standing there, telling me that something was come find me again, really soon. I tried to CTRL + ALT + DEL to quit the game at any cost, but I had no idea how, because I was not playing the game - I was in the game. Then I woke up once I heard something closing in again. All those legs may be a result of hearing really fast-paced running in the teaser, but I don't know ...

The strange thing about it was that I never had any dreams or nightmares related to The Dark Descent, despite it terrifying the living soul out of me, and now in this dream, after having watched the teaser of the next game, I felt the exact same unbearable terror and being too weak to press on.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - felixmole - 03-11-2013

Never had any nightmares about the game, however, I noticed that everyday I played TDD, I then had insomnia at night. Probably the most inconvenient bit of TDD [Image: insomnia2blinkoa2.gif]

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - FlawlessHappiness - 03-11-2013

I'm 16.
First time i played it i was 15. It was on my boarding school.
I wasn't even playing. We were 20 teens playing on a big screen. I only watched it, like a horror movie, and i was terrified!
We never finished it, so later on i got the game and finished it... with walkthrough because it would've been dead without it. That's probably why the choir didn't make a big impression on me, though it's pretty scary.
Now when i play through ATTD again everything has changed. Everything felt much bigger and strange first time i played it. After i began modding and looking at the original maps, the immersion disappeared... Still, places like the prison is scary, because you cannot trust it. I cannot see through the script, and know when a monster will come from a corriodor...

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Parmida - 03-14-2013

I'm 19. I was scared shitless the first time, to the point that after 2 minutes of playing I just HAD TO STOP or else I would have risked a heart attack! -pheww- damn adrenaline!
But the second playthrough I was all like:"Lolololololol!" and would just run into them to have them chase me for fun. Big Grin
The game was scary for me just because the first time I was very paranoid about encountering a gatherer. But I knew when to hide and what to do in the second playthrough.
I actually finished the second playthough in a few hours due to me playing it nonstop. But the first one took me 2 or 3 weeks. Big Grin
And it has to do with how well you immerse yourself, not how old you are.
I love the fact that they just feed us the fear spoon after spoon instead of pouring jump scares at us at every turn. I wouldn't have liked it otherwise because there is a limit to the fear that separates it form fun fear and useless fear.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Hunter of Shadows - 03-14-2013

I'm 21 and amnesia TDD scares the shit out of me every time

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - AJRacer543 - 03-15-2013

I'm 16 and I first played it last year. I was familiar with Penumbra: Black Plague's monsters, which were terrifying at first, but got dull after a while since they're slow and quite stupid. The first encounter was terrible though ;____; The moment I started Amnesia I closed it... It took over a month for me to get the balls to finish the entire game. But I was glad I did nothing had ever immersed me so much to continue, then scared me so bad I needed to quit. Love it Big Grin

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Tetrafish - 03-16-2013

37. I'm almost ready for Depends undergarments.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Gunslingerjh - 03-16-2013

I started playing Penumbra when i was 17. One year after I played Amnesia.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - ingedoom - 03-19-2013

I play Amnesia though i don't want to... It's pure masochism!

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Chris Deveaux - 03-20-2013

I'm 14 and I started playing amnesia last year in aprilBig Grin
I played through it till I got to the prison then I quited playing the game till july. I spoiled amnesia TDD to much for my self but when AAMFP comes out I'm not even gonna watch a video of the gameplay till im done playing the game. Icant wait till pewdie plays itWink I'm pumped I'mpumped I'm so fricking pumpedSmile