Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? (/thread-20665.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Kman - 03-27-2013

(03-27-2013, 05:03 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 04:54 PM)wubwub Wrote: please no fight, we must all friends. I old and amnesia very scary so age no mean

Yoda?

wubwub transcends yoda

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Gharren - 03-27-2013

(03-27-2013, 05:03 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 04:54 PM)wubwub Wrote: please no fight, we must all friends. I old and amnesia very scary so age no mean

Yoda?

Sounds more like Soda, Yoda's dyslexic brother.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Josh The Biker - 03-28-2013

I basically said "ok Amnesia, take your best shot. oh and I hope you're a fun game"
Playing it, I think Amnesia is a great game, and the atmosphere made me chicken out the first time I played. Then I read this and how true it was, "Amnesia just takes time getting used to". I got used to the chilling atmosphere, and then I basically just threw rocks at monsters, and doesn't afraid of anything.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - GiggleBlizzard - 03-28-2013

(03-28-2013, 01:00 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: doesn't afraid of anything.

hahahah sorry but I cracked up at that

You're right though, I've tried playing through TDD again and it's just not the same thing again. None of the scripted events freak me out anymore and since I know everything and what do do, in which areas there are monsters and where there are none - I simply am not as afraid anymore.

The game is still very much scary though, I've realised that by playing custom stories. As long as the area and plot is unkown to me, the same monsters, music, objects etc still immerse me and keep me shitfucked scared.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Deep One - 03-28-2013

(03-28-2013, 01:00 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: I basically said "ok Amnesia, take your best shot. oh and I hope you're a fun game"
Playing it, I think Amnesia is a great game, and the atmosphere made me chicken out the first time I played. Then I read this and how true it was, "Amnesia just takes time getting used to". I got used to the chilling atmosphere, and then I basically just threw rocks at monsters, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Did you play at night and with headphones?

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Tommyboypsp - 03-28-2013

(03-27-2013, 10:55 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I'm 14 and this gave me #feels
Haha

(03-27-2013, 11:46 PM)Gharren Wrote: Sounds more like Soda, Yoda's dyslexic brother.
Lmao!

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - MyRedNeptune - 03-28-2013

(03-28-2013, 01:00 AM)Josh The Biker Wrote: I basically said "ok Amnesia, take your best shot. oh and I hope you're a fun game"

JustAnotherPlayer, teach this whippersnapper a lesson. Big Grin

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - failedALIAS - 03-29-2013

I doesn't afraid of anything too!

Except maybe Breaking Bad.

By how good it is.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Josh The Biker - 03-30-2013

(03-28-2013, 09:56 AM)Deep One Wrote:

Did you play at night and with headphones?
Played at night? Check.
With headphones? Well, I don't have any. I've played a few sections with headphones though at my cousin's house, she has some.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - PutraenusAlivius - 03-31-2013

(03-28-2013, 11:57 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:

JustAnotherPlayer, teach this whippersnapper a lesson. Big Grin

I will Smile
Amnesia isn't a fun game, it's a horror game meant to in strike fear to your heart. Threw rocks at monsters ruins immersion. Why? because if you were chased by a serial killer you won't threw a rock at their face, right? Doesn't afraid of Amnesia means that you didn't immerse yourself nor do you take time to get used to the atmosphere.