Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? (/thread-20665.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Bridge - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 01:56 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 01:45 AM)Bridge Wrote: My entire point is that Amnesia's controls are so streamlined that they are deliberately designed not to get in your way. I do not see how it is possible for someone to say: accidentally run backwards towards the monsters instead of forwards. That, by the way, is probably the worst case scenario. You cannot fall to your death, you can not set off instant death traps, you can literally do nothing but move around, turn on the lantern and check notes/health.

I'll have you know, good sir, that I once ceased in my cautious, systematically sound approach. My fault was in forgetting where the spacebar was located. Though this incident abruptly interrupted my advances for only five half-seconds, it resulted in both my knee caps eating themselves, and my dick tying into a knot and around my chandelier.

This is serious business.

I'm sorry, I didn't know. I retract all of my earlier statements and offer my sincerest apologies.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - failedALIAS - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 01:57 AM)Bridge Wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't know. I retract all of my earlier statements and offer my sincerest apologies.

Don't feel too bad about it. For although it took several months of recovery, the instance left me with a fifty-foot wangosaurous.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - jiersk - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 02:00 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 01:57 AM)Bridge Wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't know. I retract all of my earlier statements and offer my sincerest apologies.

Don't feel too bad about it. For although it took several months of recovery, the instance left me with a fifty-foot wangosaurous.

You made my laugh so hard my mom came running upstairs to tell me to be quiet Big Grin

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - PutraenusAlivius - 03-09-2013

(03-08-2013, 04:20 PM)Diz Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:49 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Nice font, huh? Now look at my signature.

JustAnotherPlayer immersed himself so much into Amnesia that his font started becoming fancy Amnesia-ish. In only a few moments, his posts will be read aloud by Daniel once you scroll down to it.

Also, nice font.

This can also be used in a letter. If you immersed yourself, you can read this with Daniel's voice. FYI, the font is Edwardian Script ITC. Change the size to XX-Large to make it large. It's very small with default size.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - 3dge - 03-09-2013

Went from "Are Amnesia players adults or teens?" to a heavy discussion wether people unable to handle streamlined controls are retards or just unskilled. I don't think it's about if they are retarded or not, it's more about routine, people that are video-game enthusiast or gamers w/e have a routine to place the hand in a positions where you press WASD, or atleast close to them. This doesn't come easy to others (now I am talking about people that look at keyboards like aliens while trying to find the spacebar)
Even if the controls tell you WASD is how you move, their hand will slip or slide to a position where they have to look down and find the key. This happened to my dad, facepalmed while I was laughing while he was screaming and kicking the wall, trying to figure out how to punch the zombie back.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - PutraenusAlivius - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 07:06 AM)3dge Wrote: Went from "Are Amnesia players adults or teens?" to a heavy discussion wether people unable to handle streamlined controls are retards or just unskilled. I don't think it's about if they are retarded or not, it's more about routine, people that are video-game enthusiast or gamers w/e have a routine to place the hand in a positions where you press WASD, or atleast close to them. This doesn't come easy to others (now I am talking about people that look at keyboards like aliens while trying to find the spacebar)
Even if the controls tell you WASD is how you move, their hand will slip or slide to a position where they have to look down and find the key. This happened to my dad, facepalmed while I was laughing while he was screaming and kicking the wall, trying to figure out how to punch the zombie back.
If you check the keyboard of a player, you'll see that there are a lot of finger prints in the WASD, Shift, and Space keys.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - failedALIAS - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 07:33 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: If you check the keyboard of a player, you'll see that there are a lot of finger prints in the WASD, Shift, and Space keys.

And if you check the keyboard of a pervert; 70% of the time, the mouse will be plugged in to the left-hand side.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Kman - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 06:17 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:49 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Nice font, huh? Now look at my signature.

JustAnotherPlayer immersed himself so much into Amnesia that his font started becoming fancy Amnesia-ish. In only a few moments, his posts will be read aloud by Daniel once you scroll down to it.

Also, nice font.

This can also be used in a letter. If you immersed yourself, you can read this with Daniel's voice. FYI, the font is Edwardian Script ITC. Change the size to XX-Large to make it large. It's very small with default size.

stop

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - No Author - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 06:17 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:

Also, nice font.

I was I can write like that.

But seriously, plz stop for god's sake.

RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens? - Nyarlathotep - 03-09-2013

22, here. Most horror games don't have a lasting effect on me anymore. Some, like Amnesia, still manage to make feel tense and paranoid in the moment, if I play in the right setting. The final chase in -Justine- still leaves my hand shaking each time.

Don't really get disturbed or anything, though. Been desensitized after playing Silent Hill 1 and 4 when pretty young.