Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Reaper Island - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Reaper Island (/thread-21313.html)

Pages: 1 2

Reaper Island - Natsu - 04-28-2013

Reaper Island
[Image: jdhbAGK.jpg]

Plot:
Have you ever experienced extreme confusion? I do not remember very well my name nor my lifestyle, but what I do remember is that I was making a trip abroad. I also knew I had a wife and children, I was happy to have them, that's for sure, but somehow reached some kind of strange dungeon. And I do not reme ... Wait! Now I remember, a storm broke out, the boat began to sway from side to side and I fell into the sea. I still remember how strong the sea waves were droving me inward and turning away from the ship, far, far away from it. Until then I have no memories of anything more, I wonder what this place is ...

Warning, important info (Don't read if you don't want to get spoiler'd):
The story takes place on a misterious island called Reaper Island, as the story's name says. The game is going to have a total of 6 zones to explore; Prologue: The Dungeon, Level 1: The Forest, Level 2: The Cavern, Level 3: The Storage Room, Level 4: Reaper Mansion and Level 5: Reaper Castle. There shall be a H.U.B with a path leading to each zone, but of course some of them won't be reachable before completing another.

Message from Natsu:
This project just started, though, I'm currently looking for a good scripter to work with me and help me get it done while I work on the design field. So, anyone who offers help, such help will be appreciated. For the moment, not even map 1 has been completed but I thought that what has been done would be worth posting it and so I could find someone to help me.

Scripter Hired, no help needed.

RE: Reaper Island - Natsu - 04-28-2013

Yeah, I couldn't take them In-Game since when I try to do it typing Print and I paste it on Paint it appears a black square instead of the image.

RE: Reaper Island - WALP - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 10:13 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [Image: 1uJvA.png]

Is it just me or did he forget to turn the ambient and pointlight off?

RE: Reaper Island - Natsu - 04-28-2013

It doesn't have ambient light, but a torch. And it must have a Point Light, otherwise the Torch would be useless.

RE: Reaper Island - WALP - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 10:42 PM)Natsu Wrote: It doesn't have ambient light, but a torch. And it must have a Point Light, otherwise the Torch would be useless.

No I mean in the level editor theres 2 buttons, one for ambient light and one for a big pointlight. the light in your screen kinda looks like you got these buttons turned on, but they are only for working purposes so they wont show up in-game and it will be a lot darker
[Image: p7Uruif.jpg]

RE: Reaper Island - Natsu - 04-29-2013

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, in any way I may upload a new image soon.

Also, if possible I want someone to say yes or no, give feedback about the plot and such. I know it's way too soon, yet I want to know something non related to the "Screenshot took from level editor" thing.

RE: Reaper Island - PutraenusAlivius - 04-29-2013

Hey, if you still need a scripter, I could do the work. And about the story. It said "Have you". This kinda implies that the story is like someone telling his/her story to another guy. Does this means that the story was narrated and could have sequel?

RE: Reaper Island - Kreekakon - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 06:16 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: And about the story. It said "Have you". This kinda implies that the story is like someone telling his/her story to another guy. Does this means that the story was narrated and could have sequel?

I think you may be looking too much into this. It's probably just written like that to be a monologue.

RE: Reaper Island - Natsu - 04-29-2013

It's suposed to be some kind of introduction to the story, but yeah, it may have a sequel if it turns successfully. And yeah, thanks, I shall PM you the first map once I manage to finish it.

RE: Reaper Island - OriginalUsername - 05-01-2013

I'm always willing to help. Just ask!