Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Ways to promote demand of linux version - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Ways to promote demand of linux version (/thread-2144.html)

Ways to promote demand of linux version - weblordpepe - 06-21-2008

Hello guys and girls.

I use Linux primarily, however my current machine (Eee PC) runs away & hides under my bed when I mention 3D gaming. Takes hours for it to come out again.

Playing Penumbra requires my ballsy XP desktop. The thing is, even though I need to purchase the Windows version - I would very much like to voice my support for the Linux version.

I purchased the Overture Linux copy, but it's a little expensive to buy multiple copies of the one game. One idea was to purchase the Linux version & not use it, and warez & play the Windows version.

That's not quite the best idea - or is it? The Penumbra guys produce arguably one of the best games on the Linux platform & I think it's important to show demand Smile

What do you guys think?

RE: Ways to promote demand of linux version - purplerhino - 06-30-2008

Umm if you like linux, then why don't you install it on the "ballsy" desktop... Undecided

weblordpepe Wrote:Hello guys and girls.

I use Linux primarily, however my current machine (Eee PC) runs away & hides under my bed when I mention 3D gaming. Takes hours for it to come out again.

Playing Penumbra requires my ballsy XP desktop. The thing is, even though I need to purchase the Windows version - I would very much like to voice my support for the Linux version.

I purchased the Overture Linux copy, but it's a little expensive to buy multiple copies of the one game. One idea was to purchase the Linux version & not use it, and warez & play the Windows version.

That's not quite the best idea - or is it? The Penumbra guys produce arguably one of the best games on the Linux platform & I think it's important to show demand Smile

What do you guys think?

RE: Ways to promote demand of linux version - eliasfrost - 06-30-2008

He means a way to support Linux games I think. The more Linux games sold, the more other game developers will create game for Linux, because it might be a good market. (Not nowadays though, if you take a look overall). But I do like the idea Weblordpepe. I might buy a Linux copy because of this, and I won't lose on it, 'cause my dad started using Linux OS some time ago. Smile

RE: Ways to promote demand of linux version - purplerhino - 07-02-2008

nackidno Wrote:He means a way to support Linux games I think. The more Linux games sold, the more

Well yeah, I understand that... And it's a wonderful thought, and I'm glad he wants to support Linux! I only buy Linux games. But then I, ya know, play them in Linux. Smile

RE: Ways to promote demand of linux version - cloud - 07-17-2008

I have bought this (a windows dvd) and would like to be able to install it on my Gutsy unbuntu desktop.
I love the idea that they have deved it so it can be cross paltform & hope that they use a similar approach to iD.

I have Doom3, all the Quakes Neverwinternights & this (demo) working on linux and want to show support for this game dev to continue to put out a linux version Smile

BIG cheer to the guys at Fritional games! I know how hard you lot work as my son works for a games graphic company (geomerics)