Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? (/thread-21535.html)

Pages: 1 2

Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - iammetalguy - 05-18-2013

I'm very late to the party with Amnesia, and the demo made me want to play the rest of the game.

However I know a sequel is coming out and I'm not sure if a special bundle deal for the two games will be done or not, or a special deal I can take advantage of will be available.

Given you're all devout fans and would know better details about the new game, what do you think? Buy TDD to pass the time or wait for the sequel?

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - Bridge - 05-18-2013

I doubt such a bundle would even be considered until at least a year after release. I recommend buying the game if you want to play it, I don't think it is really worth it to wait that long just to save a few bucks.

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - Damascus Rose - 05-18-2013

Buy TDD now, don't wait.

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - Paddy™ - 05-18-2013

The game is on sale all the time on Steam and is often included in the Humble Indie Bundle, but despite that I recommend buying the game as soon as you can. It's the finest horror game I've ever played but the lifespan of the game can be extended indefinitely by the use of custom stories created by the community. It's worth every penny of the standard price, which is something I don't say too often about games these days.

The sequel is due out in Q2, which takes us up to the end of June, but that could change and the date could be pushed back even farther; save yourself the wait!

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - rtjhbfvsrry - 05-18-2013

Buy it now. It's fifteen bucks for godsakes, and this is one of the best games ever made. It is worth the price and the developers deserve your support.

In closing:

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - Googolplex - 05-19-2013

Buy TDD now! And AMFP when it's out!

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - 7heDubz - 05-19-2013

(05-18-2013, 06:19 PM)Paddy Wrote: The game is on sale all the time on Steam and is often included in the Humble Indie Bundle, but despite that I recommend buying the game as soon as you can. It's the finest horror game I've ever played but the lifespan of the game can be extended indefinitely by the use of custom stories created by the community. It's worth every penny of the standard price, which is something I don't say too often about games these days.

The sequel is due out in Q2, which takes us up to the end of June, but that could change and the date could be pushed back even farther; save yourself the wait!

/^\

What he said.

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - CorinthianMerchant - 05-19-2013

(05-19-2013, 12:40 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Buy TDD now! And AMFP when it's out!

Man, how logic that is!

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - PutraenusAlivius - 05-19-2013

Just buy it. It won't take long to save 20$.

RE: Buy TDD Now or Wait for A Machine for Pigs? - TwiK999 - 05-19-2013

Definitely buy TDD first. It's a good idea to play the first game before AMFP comes out so you get some experience of Amnesia.