Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Where did this crowbar come from? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Where did this crowbar come from? (/thread-22077.html)

Where did this crowbar come from? - DeAngelo - 07-09-2013

Just curious, anybody else ever find a random item in your CS and for the life of you can't remember why you put it there? Any other goofy stuff you've done while making a CS or full conversion? The other day, I put about 50 wood beams all over the celing to simulate support beams (The actual support beam entity didn't fit my needs) but I forgot to set them as static physics. I loaded up my level and they all came crashing down around me. I screamed bloody murder.

It was 3 AM.

RE: Where did this crowbar come from? - Streetboat - 07-09-2013

(07-09-2013, 07:28 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Just curious, anybody else ever find a random item in your CS and for the life of you can't remember why you put it there? Any other goofy stuff you've done while making a CS or full conversion? The other day, I put about 50 wood beams all over the celing to simulate support beams (The actual support beam entity didn't fit my needs) but I forgot to set them as static physics. I loaded up my level and they all came crashing down around me. I screamed bloody murder.

It was 3 AM.

Sounds like you accidentally discovered a great scare- wait until the player is halfway into the room, rumble the screen, make some dust particles, and set a bunch of them to non-static. Smile

RE: Where did this crowbar come from? - DeAngelo - 07-09-2013

(07-09-2013, 07:51 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 07:28 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: Just curious, anybody else ever find a random item in your CS and for the life of you can't remember why you put it there? Any other goofy stuff you've done while making a CS or full conversion? The other day, I put about 50 wood beams all over the celing to simulate support beams (The actual support beam entity didn't fit my needs) but I forgot to set them as static physics. I loaded up my level and they all came crashing down around me. I screamed bloody murder.

It was 3 AM.

Sounds like you accidentally discovered a great scare- wait until the player is halfway into the room, rumble the screen, make some dust particles, and set a bunch of them to non-static. Smile

I actually do have something similar to this in my CS I'm working on, but it happens on a larger scope.

RE: Where did this crowbar come from? - PutraenusAlivius - 07-10-2013

I added some ceiling beams into my Wine Cellar. They didn't actually support the ceiling. To this day I still don't know why I put it there instead of actually supporting it.

RE: Where did this crowbar come from? - CarnivorousJelly - 07-10-2013

I placed a grunt in one of my maps at one point; it was really near the starting point and I thought I had deleted it. That was a "pleasant" surprise. Got rid of him straight away :p

RE: Where did this crowbar come from? - Kreekakon - 07-10-2013

More than once even after having tested a map over ten times, I'll for some reason completely forget about a certain scare, and nearly get a heart attack when it comes up :'(

RE: Where did this crowbar come from? - OriginalUsername - 07-13-2013

yay another bot..