Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? (/thread-2252.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Im_Sexy - 08-21-2008

Its kinda of old and silly post Wink

Really, if you look at the Infected, they look rather weak... i think a single punch/kick would break something on them i dont know...

They look kinda short to so it only made it easier.

Maybe because Philip is a scared man?

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - eliasfrost - 08-21-2008

Because the game is not aimed on using violence?

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Thaliur - 08-21-2008

Im_Sexy Wrote:Its kinda of old and silly post Wink

Really, if you look at the Infected, they look rather weak... i think a single punch/kick would break something on them i dont know...

They look kinda short to so it only made it easier.

Maybe because Philip is a scared man?
He'S a scientist, not a fighter. If you spend your life studying things, suddenly starting to break things, even in defense, is really hard.
Also, scientific work doesn't exactly strengthen you ^^

The umbilical cord does look like a weakness though, maybe that thing was what Dr. Eminiss was talking about.

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Im_Sexy - 08-21-2008

nackidno Wrote:Because the game is not aimed on using violence?

man, im not talking about that.

I mean Philip could attack them no? Smile
Quote:He'S a scientist, not a fighter. If you spend your life studying things, suddenly starting to break things, even in defense, is really hard.
Also, scientific work doesn't exactly strengthen you ^^

The umbilical cord does look like a weakness though, maybe that thing was what Dr. Eminiss was talking about.

lol yes the umbilical cord
But i think he should beat them, i mean giving a little punch and stuff.. i think it would be enough to beat one of the infected Wink
For example if some "infected" were attacking me with no weapons i would react, but not Philip

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Linux.Blue - 08-21-2008

in real life, sure, why not. but in this game, to my understanding, it is more fearful to run away or even more suspenseful to try to avoid them, rather than a good kill and with ease, move on.

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Bloodbath - 08-22-2008

Just because the infected looks like you could just slap em down doesn't mean you really can. Maybe a human is really no match for an infected in hand to hand combat.

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Thaliur - 08-22-2008

Bloodbath Wrote:Just because the infected looks like you could just slap em down doesn't mean you really can. Maybe a human is really no match for an infected in hand to hand combat.
Probably, yes.
I live in an area where coal mining was very... OK, I forgot the word for this sentence. Much coal was mine, that's for sure, and one evening I was in a pub close to one of those mines, and I saw a mineworker who looked much like a stickfigure easily beat a Schwarzenegger-type guy at armwrestling.

And the Tuurngait are not even human, so it might not be possible to judge them based on looks.

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Tommy Gun - 08-22-2008

hahahaha, you can import dynamite or hammers pick axes etc. but you'll find that they are quite strong.

go to the showcase section of the forum, it has a post there.

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Yuhaney - 08-22-2008

Tommy Gun Wrote:hahahaha, you can import dynamite or hammers pick axes etc. but you'll find that they are quite strong.

Video about it. Wink

RE: Why couldn't Philip beat the hell of the Infected? - Im_Sexy - 08-22-2008

Yes, they are strong (oddly), but i think most wise man would fight them back