Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! (/thread-2253.html)

Pages: 1 2

Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - MattBlaK - 08-15-2008

Hiya,

This is a desperate call for anyone that has a save game which is nearby (just after) when you squash the Infected (spoiler safe) with the box on a chain!
My HDD RAID has just bitten the dust and I would hate to have to play it all the way through again to get back to where I was. (I only say hate because it is such an atmospheric game it terrifies me!)

Please, please, please, could somebody help me!

Cheers,

Matt

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - ROT51 - 08-15-2008

I also had a problem into the same place, when i dropped the box on that infected, or whatever it is. Same time game crashed. When i started the game again, i used autosave to start nearby the area, and problem never came back.

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - MattBlaK - 08-15-2008

Its a right pain in the a$$. Still this isn't a game crash it is one of my Hard Disk Drives failing and totally unrecoverable. If you or anyone could send me a save file from just after that spot it would be fantastic!

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - ROT51 - 08-15-2008

Now i'm angry!! I have save file ready, but i can't send it! What a hell is this. I tried to help you.. really. But why this is so f----ng hard these days. But perhaps someone professional can help you. I hope! In these forums they are lot.

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - jens - 08-15-2008

You'll probably need to compress the file first, try to .zip it. The forum only allows certain types of files, it makes this forum a safer place to visit.

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - ROT51 - 08-16-2008

Jens! I can't found any way to add the file. It's zipped, but i i'am not hacker. Anyway you must understand this was my 2.nd time. I guess i'am not allowed to do these things. Sorry Matt, but i'm too stupidSad

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - jens - 08-16-2008

You have to use the New Reply button, it is located to the bottom left just below the last post in a thread. You can't use the quick reply if you want to attach a file.

In the New Reply page there is a section called Attachments, click the Choose file button and select the zipped saved game and then click Add attachment and after that write your message and click post reply.

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - ROT51 - 08-16-2008

I hope i did everything right!

EDIT

Nooooooooooo... Helllll noooooooo din't work. I followed your orders but noooooooo!!!

EDIT

I give up... this is too difficult to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - edfardos - 08-18-2008

This is the Research Room save (Linux version, but i doubt it matters),

4420654 2008-05-30 16:26 Research Room 2008-05-30_16.26.10_17.sav

edfardos

RE: Nooooo! - HDD Busted! I Would really appreciate a save game, please help! - ROT51 - 08-19-2008

I don't know how everyone except me can post save files etc. I guess these forums are only for professionals, not for me. What a shame! And.. Jens i did everything what you told me to do, but nope!

EDIT

Well.. at least i'am allowed to post messages. Better that than nothing!