Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! (/thread-22631.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - albertoilmodder - 08-29-2013

How long will the game amnesia machine for pigs, I heard that lasts 5-6 hours but I hope not, so little!

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - XDamienDaKillaX - 08-29-2013

5-6 Hours is definitely not a short time for a 20$ game. There are 60$ games nowadays that are that length. Also, remember that if you knew what you were doing in The Dark Descent, or following a guide, the game was about 4-5 hours long. However, regardless of them saying A Machine for Pigs is 5-6 hours, that is probably the length it would take if you knew exactly where to go, and exactly what you were doing. You have to take in the accounts of you getting scared and refusing to go on, exploring more than you need to, and getting stuck at puzzles, which all extend the game time.

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Tillion Magnet - 08-29-2013

What Damien said really. 5-6 hours feels like the extreme low estimate to me. I mean the first Amnesia was meant to be, what, 8-10 hours? I doubt very many people finished it in that time.

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - ZeazyZ - 08-29-2013

Well, it took me like 2 months to finish Dark Descent. And I guess AMFP will take me that time also Smile

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Paddy™ - 08-29-2013

From the May 1st Q&A:

Chieftan1 Wrote:How many hours of gameplay do you expect to be in this game?

Dan Pinchbeck Wrote:Depends on how long you spend hiding and/or being mutilated really. I think we clock our playthroughs at a run, knowing the game really well, etc, at around 4-4 1/2 hours, so I think you're probably looking at 5-6.

I know The Dark Descent pretty well and can complete it in about an hour without even really trying to rush and without using glitches. I reckon if the developers of AAMFP can complete the game in 4 & 1/2 hours it'll probably take us a hell of a lot longer than 5 to 6 hours to complete it on our first playthrough.

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - jens - 08-29-2013

I think 5-6 hours is a good estimate, the game shorter than TDD.

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Zgroktar - 08-29-2013

Overall length is not essential for quality. For example both Dear Esther and Portal are few hours and less long and yet they are among the best games I've played.

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Slanderous - 08-29-2013

Well still longer than CoD...

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Yuhaney - 08-29-2013

CoD has multiplayer and zombies which makes it longer.

RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - Red - 08-29-2013

(08-29-2013, 12:04 PM)Scraper Wrote: CoD has multiplayer and zombies which makes it longer.
For someone it's endless.