Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Where are the NPCs? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Where are the NPCs? (/thread-23173.html)

Pages: 1 2

Where are the NPCs? - Googolplex - 09-15-2013

I played the game by exploring every single corner, but I did not find a NPC.
Where are they, what do they saying and how many are there?

RE: Where are the NPCs? - Potato - 09-15-2013

The London is burning scene is probably where all the npcs are, at least ones you can see. There's quite a few, so explore and keep your eye out.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - i3670 - 09-15-2013

If you look inside the character folder in the files, there are 2 folders called maid and gent which contain pictures of them.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - Diz - 09-15-2013

NPCs were chasing me throughout the game, dawg.

Haha, sorry. Yeah, I know you did not really mean the piggies. Wink
During the burning London portion of the game, I could see a woman in a house, looking at me scared, as if she wanted to ask for help, but as I came close to her, a monster grabbed her from behind, and the door slammed shut. I am also sure that I saw a few swift civilians trying to outrun these creatures.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - Yuhaney - 09-15-2013

So far, I've seen running kids. Both in shadows and at a hallway behind a window.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - EnDash - 09-15-2013

i think he meens the advertised NPCs they said there will be in the game. well it's not an NPC in the usual way, it's the guy on the phone who tells you what to do.

i know they made it sound like an RPG style side quest giving NPCs, but i think it's more scary when it's a guy on the phone then some guy you talk to in person.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - Ghieri - 09-15-2013

Quote: i think he meens the advertised NPCs they said there will be in the game.
All I remember being advertised is that there would be other people in the world, not that they'd actually do anything or interact directly with Mandus. But I forget where the quote is.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - Alardem - 09-15-2013

Yeah, all the NPCs end up dead. Not really a step up from Amabel Swanson or Agrippa. :p

RE: Where are the NPCs? - lolmaster - 09-16-2013

(09-15-2013, 12:06 PM)i3670 Wrote: If you look inside the character folder in the files, there are 2 folders called maid and gent which contain pictures of them.

I don't see any pictures in that folder.

RE: Where are the NPCs? - Kurton - 09-16-2013

(09-16-2013, 12:44 AM)lolmaster Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 12:06 PM)i3670 Wrote: If you look inside the character folder in the files, there are 2 folders called maid and gent which contain pictures of them.

I don't see any pictures in that folder.

He might have referred to the textures. If you look you'll see the DDS files which color the NPC models head to toe.

Spoiler below!
the gent is quite a handsome bloke