Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Non-Active Entity is active ingame - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Non-Active Entity is active ingame (/thread-25095.html)

Non-Active Entity is active ingame - MacKetchup - 04-17-2014

I have disabled every entity i want unactive. But when i enter my custom story they are enabled and fully visable.

Thanks on Beforehand

RE: Non-Active Entity is active ingame - Mudbill - 04-17-2014

Some entities are of Static type, which means you can not interact with them or script with them. What you can do to counter this is to open the entity in your model editor and go to Edit > User Defined Variables. At the top is type and sub type, which probably says StaticProp and blank. Change it to (type) Entity and (sub type) Static instead, and that should allow you to do things with it. Save as a new entity in the same location, and copy the .ent file into your custom story's folder as well.

For example:
Amnesia root\entities\cloth\cloth_pile01_dyn.ent
Amnesia root\custom_stories\YourStory\entities\cloth_pile01_dyn.ent

(I don't remember if that was the name of it, but I think the cloth pile is one entity acting like this.)

RE: Non-Active Entity is active ingame - MacKetchup - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 07:18 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Some entities are of Static type, which means you can not interact with them or script with them. What you can do to counter this is to open the entity in your model editor and go to Edit > User Defined Variables. At the top is type and sub type, which probably says StaticProp and blank. Change it to (type) Entity and (sub type) Static instead, and that should allow you to do things with it. Save as a new entity in the same location, and copy the .ent file into your custom story's folder as well.

For example:
Amnesia root\entities\cloth\cloth_pile01_dyn.ent
Amnesia root\custom_stories\YourStory\entities\cloth_pile01_dyn.ent

(I don't remember if that was the name of it, but I think the cloth pile is one entity acting like this.)

im using the on called armor. Which just is a stand with armor on it

RE: Non-Active Entity is active ingame - MsHannerBananer - 04-17-2014

This should go into development support next time. Big Grin

You're setting them to inactive via the level editor, right?

I know it's a drawn out step, but have you tried to set your statues inactive via script instead?

EDIT: Do you have the entities set to static in the level editor? That can conflict with deactivating the entities.

RE: Non-Active Entity is active ingame - MacKetchup - 04-18-2014

How do i know if they are static or not ?

RE: Non-Active Entity is active ingame - Neelke - 04-18-2014

If in User Defined Varibles the type is "StaticProp".