Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! (/thread-25495.html)

Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - Chronogyros - 06-18-2014

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that I have finally finished work on the sequel to my first mod, Emma's Story. Although it is finished, it will not be available for download until I hear back from my testers. But rest assured, this should not take more than a week or so. So, stay tuned for the download link to Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare.

Here are some screenshots to spark your interests.

"The Story continues as you play as Emma in her struggle against her father, turned evil by the Orb of Power. When Emma destroyed the Orb in part 1, it sent shards flying all throughout the Coleman Estate. However, these shards are not benign. Each one has a personality of its own, that when touched, will show her either beautiful or terrible things. In order to survive, Emma must learn the secrets of the shards, and use them to seek revenge on her evil father."

---UPDATE--- 6/18/14

The new Moddb page for Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare is now up!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/emmas-story-part-2-emmas-nightmare

---UPDATE---7/1/14

I have set the release date for this mod to be Thursday July 3rd! Check out the moddb page on that day for the released download link!

---UPDATE--- 7/3/14

The mod is now fully released on Moddb!! Check out the link above to visit the page and download the mod. Please rate the mod when you are finished playing it, as this helps me make it better! If you encounter a glitch/bug/crash please PM me and I will do my best to fix the issue! Finally, I hope you all enjoy playing Emma's Story Part II!

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare Release Date 7/3/14 !!! - Chronogyros - 07-01-2014

Hey everyone, just letting you all know I have set the release date for Emma's Story part II for Thursday July 3rd! Check out the moddb page on that day for the download link!

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare Release Date 7/3/14 !!! - HumiliatioN - 07-02-2014

Awesome! Can't wait the long awaited sequel Smile

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare Release Date 7/3/14 !!! - Chronogyros - 07-02-2014

(07-02-2014, 03:40 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Awesome! Can't wait the long awaited sequel Smile

Thank you! I am very excited, and very relieved to finally be releasing this to the world. It has been a long 2 years!

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - python79 - 07-04-2014

Nice game but the fun is completely ruined, I'm about to give up.

Spoiler below!
during the indigo shard sequence, I fell again and again AND AGAIN from the stumbling platform next to the orb pedestal to finish the trial. Each time i jump, it's too short to reach the pedestal

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - Chronogyros - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 10:21 AM)python79 Wrote: Nice game but the fun is completely ruined, I'm about to give up.

Spoiler below!
during the indigo shard sequence, I fell again and again AND AGAIN from the stumbling platform next to the orb pedestal to finish the trial. Each time i jump, it's too short to reach the pedestal

But you can't give up yet!

Spoiler below!
Make sure you get a running jump and aim for that little square to the left or right that juts out further than the rest. Also make sure you jump at the last possible moment.

I hope this helps. Trust me, you wanna keep trying Wink

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - python79 - 07-04-2014

(07-04-2014, 10:51 AM)Chronogyros Wrote: But you can't give up yet!

Sure, I would regret it, the challenges so far were fair (like in the first episode), nothing over the top, and i'm eager to see what is awaiting emma next. I'll try your advice. Wink

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - python79 - 07-05-2014

Stuck again.

Spoiler below!
I can't find the "piece of metal" to place on the altar, found the head, mushroom and bone though.

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - Chronogyros - 07-05-2014

(07-05-2014, 08:10 AM)python79 Wrote: Stuck again.

Spoiler below!
I can't find the "piece of metal" to place on the altar, found the head, mushroom and bone though.

I'm glad you made it past the jumping part!

So the metal...

Spoiler below!
It is in a room somewhere back by the beginning of the level. It is quite easy to miss, but if you look around back there you'll find it.

RE: Emma's Story Part II - Emma's Nightmare FULL RELEASE!! - python79 - 07-06-2014

Finished your mod, fantastic job ! Wink

My review :

Spoiler below!

A lot of varied environments, your exteriors were superb and the "shards trials" were a fun experience.

crimson shard : i appreciated that you did not make the platforming on hot lava extra tricky, there was almost no need to run and jump all the way, just to carefully choose your path with the many debris scattered around. Also nice how the collapsed bridge proved useful when making your escape from the grunt.

indigo shard : peaceful, dreamy environment. You teased the player a bit with your "cross the river but OOPS, i forgot to give you what you need first..." part. The green labyrinth was a true walk in the park, really greatly designed.
However, i CURSED you when i fell to my doom for the 10th+ time from the platform right before the pedestal (thanks again for the tip).

obsidian shard : the best part. The ambiant sounds coupled with the blurry effect added a lot to the oppressive atmosphere. Exploring the forest was a blast, it shows you put a lot of effort into it.

The final battle in the tower proved easy, but at least it was not frustrating, it's just a matter of keeping your cool and the victory is ensured.

The scenario had a great twist when it is revealed Emma "slept" for 40 years ! It justified the use of the ressources from a machine for pigs and the whole "new mansion of death" thing.
Note : that said, Emma's boyfriend should be an old bag by the time his corpse is found in the tower.

I see you couldn't resist to spawn some evil minions when they were expected the least (like the monster in the closet). At least those hallucinations were effective to keep the player on his toes, my heart didn't liked it though... Dodgy

To my mind, the only point that could have been better is the design of the mansion (especially in the prologue dream), some rooms and corridors were a tad too big and felt empty.

Overall, this mod proves you can almost make anything out of the amnesia engine. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Once again, a fantastic job. Big Grin

P.S. : the ending... was it really only a nightmare ? Confused