Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Streetboat's old shredding grounds (/thread-25892.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Streetboat - 02-13-2017

My PC is absolute garbage, haha. I can barely run my more recent maps at better than 20fps. My belief is that if I can beat the game on my computer, most people can run it without a hitch. I haven't had a stable enough grasp on my income yet to afford a new computer; being a young adult on your own is hard! Tongue

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Mudbill - 02-13-2017

Lookin' good tho! Good luck mate =)

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Streetboat - 02-13-2017

Aw shucks, well just because you guys are such good sports, have some eye candy

[Image: mcFf9mm.jpg]
[Image: Zmwyqnn.jpg]

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Demonbrant - 02-13-2017

Good to know that it is just your PC. Also, nice eye candy Wink

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - laniana - 02-13-2017

(02-12-2017, 11:21 PM)Demonbrant Wrote: This looks very good, cant believe this is still the HPL2 engine. If I didnt know better I would think it is the HPL3 engine. Good work, looking forward to seeing more progress!

I agree, it does look really good!

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Hardarm - 02-16-2017

s e x

too red-ish though

in first pic everything is same light intensity, as if there wasn't a source
in second picture below the colonnade should be almost pitch black
more contrast motherfuccker

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Streetboat - 06-21-2017

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/HrgrKsHhzTk[/video]

Get some coal back in the hype train, folks. It never died.

Some background on the development of this story over the past while: I worked some pretty crappy restaurant jobs over the past few years, and as a result I was very low energy when I had free time, due to odd hours and a dissatisfaction with my work. About 5 months ago, though, I managed to snag a dream job as an software engineer drafter, working with people I like on a normal schedule. As a result, I'm finally able to pursue creative ideas and are, for the most part, encouraged to do so at work. I have better ideas, more attention to detail as part of the job, and more motivation overall. I was in a pretty bad place for a while, but I'm finally pretty damn happy with the way things are now. As a result, Ouroboros is flourishing! The story is damn long by now, weighing in at about 2 hours start to finish if I rush through all the puzzles. The story has been fully written and fleshed out, and the climax has been reached in the game; what I'm working on now is the final encounter, which is the most technically challenging mapping I've ever had to do. It'll be very worth it, and I absolutely refuse to give up now. I met someone who wants to help me with the music in the story, which means no more copyright infringements! All in all, this gravy train is a-rolling again. Enjoy this trailer I threw together tonight! Smile

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Slanderous - 06-21-2017

(06-21-2017, 03:25 AM)Streetboat Wrote: [video=youtube]https://youtu.be/HrgrKsHhzTk[/video]

Get some coal back in the hype train, folks. It never died.

Some background on the development of this story over the past while: I worked some pretty crappy restaurant jobs over the past few years, and as a result I was very low energy when I had free time, due to odd hours and a dissatisfaction with my work. About 5 months ago, though, I managed to snag a dream job as an software engineer drafter, working with people I like on a normal schedule. As a result, I'm finally able to pursue creative ideas and are, for the most part, encouraged to do so at work. I have better ideas, more attention to detail as part of the job, and more motivation overall. I was in a pretty bad place for a while, but I'm finally pretty damn happy with the way things are now. As a result, Ouroboros is flourishing! The story is damn long by now, weighing in at about 2 hours start to finish if I rush through all the puzzles. The story has been fully written and fleshed out, and the climax has been reached in the game; what I'm working on now is the final encounter, which is the most technically challenging mapping I've ever had to do. It'll be very worth it, and I absolutely refuse to give up now. I met someone who wants to help me with the music in the story, which means no more copyright infringements! All in all, this gravy train is a-rolling again. Enjoy this trailer I threw together tonight! Smile

Godspeed man Heart

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - 7heDubz - 06-22-2017

Almost make me want to touch it again...

But I'll hold off =)

RE: Streetboat's old shredding grounds - Slanderous - 06-22-2017

By the way, how did you manage to simulate this sun halo effect seen circa 1:39 in the trailer? Whenever I try to do that, the gobo just shines through the walls, whilst yours is visible only when it should be.