Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA (/thread-26059.html)

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - crisosphinx - 03-05-2013

(03-05-2013, 07:47 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I came from a background of high poly modeling and real-textures instead of just painting them on a model. Sure, I have room for improvement, but I did half-assed this (a little less than 4 hours of work after some UVW fixing).

I just needed some color on there so I could display the animation (which finished rendering yesterday, after I textured it... all 1022
frames).
I know, I know, there's no need to be defensive about it. Smile I was just replying to No Author, who basically described something, even you yourself called "half-assed", as amazing, which I (and you, too, apparently!) wasn't entirely agreeing with.

But besides that - if you don't want people to give feedback on what they see, why are you posting something you consider to be half-assed in the first place?

Good question. I think I was just posting it to say, "Hey, my demoreel is nearly finished" (I believe I said that). I wasn't exactly being defensive about it, all I did was explain the situation. ^^;

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Statyk - 03-06-2013

When I meant by "baws" was that he could have either just left it untextured or just slapped some random images on there. I'm within agreement that the texture could be better, but he still went out of his way to give it a shot =P

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 03-06-2013

The following image might disturb you or be considered as inappropriate... Only open it if above 18 years old! discretion is advised!
Spoiler below!
[Image: creature2.jpg]

This is basically a reimagined version of this drawing I've uploaded here some time ago.

[Image: creature.jpg]

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - failedALIAS - 03-06-2013

Danny, that image will singlehandedly spark the ignition of society.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - Danny Boy - 03-06-2013

wut

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - crisosphinx - 03-07-2013

(03-06-2013, 11:13 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: The following image might disturb you or be considered as inappropriate... Only open it if above 18 years old! discretion is advised!
Spoiler below!

This is basically a reimagined version of this drawing I've uploaded here some time ago.

There should be more boners.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - The chaser - 03-07-2013

(03-06-2013, 11:13 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: The following image might disturb you or be considered as inappropriate... Only open it if above 18 years old! discretion is advised!
Spoiler below!

It's just the same with

Spoiler below!
A penis

dany pls

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - No Author - 03-07-2013

Spoiler below!

Oops.... I opened it by accident.

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - PutraenusAlivius - 03-07-2013

LOL, i spotted a boner!

RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia - failedALIAS - 03-07-2013

(03-07-2013, 03:07 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: LOL, i spotted a boner!

[Image: dora-and-boots.gif]