Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Doctor Poo: Neo - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Doctor Poo: Neo (/thread-29945.html)

Doctor Poo: Neo - A.M Team - 05-22-2015

[Image: 4sRNPSp.png]

DOCTOR POO: NEO
- A comedic adventure -

Take control as Doctor Poo, a hapless, childlike hero temporarily staying on a far away planet in a cottage. One day, he wakes up to find out that his screwdriver is missing! Unfortunately, it all goes downhill from there...

-=DEVELOPMENT THREAD=-

Features:
Features that you will definitely see...
Spoiler below!
- A focus on comedy with horror
- Custom made models
- Voice acting
- A full edit of the GUI graphics and sounds (stuff like jumping grunts to inventory icons)
- A Full Conversion
- A new lantern
- Rich lore told in optional notes
- Challenge maps
- Hand-drawn posters
- New model textures
- A special, locked file with behind-the-scenes music, voices, pictures, videos and MORE...

Very Early Alpha Tease:
A video showing an early build of the first map...
Spoiler below!

Note: This was before we did other changes to the GUI, maps, ect...

Screenshots:
To be added...
Spoiler below!
[Image: dMCp3WX.jpg]
go away im working...

Optional Features:
This means features that may or may not be put in the FC for multiple reasons...
Spoiler below!
- Using A:AMFP's apartment models instead of A:TDD's cottages
- Custom animations for models such as the Brute, Grunt, Suitor...
- Traps used on enemies to stop them from chasing you (like a trapdoor)
- Flash animated cut-scenes in between levels using Mudbill's video converter

Progress:
The place most updated...
Spoiler below!
MAIN CAMPAIGN - 20%
CHALLENGE MAPS - 5%
SECRET FOLDER - 100%
MAPS COMPLETED - 2.75/?

What we want to achieve:
Spoiler below!
We want to make a FC mod with platforming puzzels, comedy and horror elements and I always whatneted to bring my characters to life, so why not do it now?

Comment below if you like any of these features and if not tell me what I should/shouldn't add. I'll update the thread whenever it is appropriate!

RE: Doctor Poo: Neo - FlawlessHappiness - 05-22-2015

Judging from the Alpha, work more on lighting and detail on the map. Things like floor feels... bare...

This is not saying I didn't like anything. This is just judging from the early alpha. I'm not sure what your goal or the concept is yet. Will wait for more screenshots and possible videos

RE: Doctor Poo: Neo - A.M Team - 05-23-2015

(05-22-2015, 11:42 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Judging from the Alpha, work more on lighting and detail on the map. Things like floor feels... bare...

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll need all I can get for this project.

The reason why the map is so dark is because I needed to brighten up the video. This happens a lot with Amnesia Lets Plays. The contrast and brightness of the video go WAY down for some reason.

Will edit the video to original view...

RE: Doctor Poo: Neo - A.M Team - 05-24-2015

Edited OP with new section and a brightened up video.