Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-56.html)
+--- Thread: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? (/thread-30243.html)

Pages: 1 2

So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - Razputin - 07-08-2015

Is it me or I can't seem to hear any of the danger warning music in all of the gameplay video ? (well you know, when a robot is roaming nearby) Please dont tell me they decided to throw away those ideas Sad . One of the aspects what I love so much about Penumbra and Amnesia was those intense/atmospheric pieces of music...It was almost a tradition, a trademark of Frictional, pls dont do dis SadHuhBlush

RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - MrSteve - 07-08-2015

I think this has been discussed somewhere else before, but I think the music for SOMA will be more ambient. I'm not sure if the final release version will have 'Danger is near' music.

I think the thought of being in a creepy station with just the noises of said buiding can be creepy enough. Throw in the odd piece of music and it's a winner.

RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - TiManGames - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 09:32 AM)Razputin Wrote: Is it me or I can't seem to hear any of the danger warning music in all of the gameplay video ? (well you know, when a robot is roaming nearby) Please dont tell me they decided to throw away those ideas Sad . One of the aspects what I love so much about Penumbra and Amnesia was those intense/atmospheric pieces of music...It was almost a trafition, a trademark of Frictional, pls dont do dis SadHuhBlush

There is actually some sort of danger and chase music:

https://youtu.be/OnTc7qcDuGE (13:55-14:42) you can hear some big bass tune repeating, and if you listen carefully you can hear the chase music from 14:42 to 14:55

RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - Razputin - 07-08-2015

Yeah but i might prefer something not so subtle, and hope that they just simply didn't show us the best part Smile

I'm sure you'll be pleased Smile

They probably didn't want to give it away too early.

RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - Romulator - 07-08-2015

Besides that, trailers can be manipulated. For all we know, Frictional Games may have used "acting" monsters which do not use the danger music in most of their trailers. Smile

(07-08-2015, 12:49 PM)Romulator Wrote: Besides that, trailers can be manipulated. For all we know, Frictional Games may have used "acting" monsters which do not use the danger music in most of their trailers. Smile

What I sent is not the trailer, it's a gameplay from the demo though.

RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - Romulator - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 01:19 PM)TheTieMan Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 12:49 PM)Romulator Wrote: Besides that, trailers can be manipulated. For all we know, Frictional Games may have used "acting" monsters which do not use the danger music in most of their trailers. Smile

It was more a generic mention - gameplay videos, trailers, teasers, etc. All of their sounds can be changed either within the game's code or during the editing process. It can be done to exclude some features, such as the "danger" or "is near" music as the OP mentions Smile

Agreed.

I think the sounds were probably omitted from the gameplay trailer, because they wanted the approaching enemy to be a surprise.

We're mostly Amnesia veterans around here and know 'I'm coming for youuuuu' music by now.

(07-08-2015, 02:27 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 01:19 PM)TheTieMan Wrote:

It was more a generic mention - gameplay videos, trailers, teasers, etc. All of their sounds can be changed either within the game's code or during the editing process. It can be done to exclude some features, such as the "danger" or "is near" music as the OP mentions Smile

Oh ok then :3

But if it is the final music, I don't have a problem with this either.