Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Overture: any way to bypass bugged doors? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Overture: any way to bypass bugged doors? (/thread-3403.html)

Overture: any way to bypass bugged doors? - Robomook - 05-18-2010

I'm playing Penumbra: Overture, and I'm at the second chapter where there's a gate secured by a wooden bar, which you're supposed to saw in half to gain access (I checked a walkthrough to make sure I'm not missing something).

Trouble is, after sawing the wood the door still won't move, and there seems to be an invisible barrier in front of it. I've gone back to previous saves and tried multiple times, but still no joy. Is there any way of getting around bugged doors, such as a NoClip command or something?

Alternatively, does anyone have a save game at the end of the second chapter that does work? I really don't want to re-play the whole game again, it's starting to get tiresome Smile

RE: Overture: any way to bypass bugged doors? - NeatNit - 05-18-2010

Weird... Are you sure you're doing it right?

Have you tried grabbing the door in different places?

RE: Overture: any way to bypass bugged doors? - Robomook - 05-18-2010

Yeah, I did try pretty rigorously, including trying to blast it open with a gas cannister and bashing it with various implements, but it won't move an inch.

There's also an invisible barrier in front of the gate, I have a theory that it's the physics box from a dead hound that's clipped through the ground - I remember the corpse of the first one I killed (as soon as I arrived in that area) got stuck in the gate after I dropped a broken cannister on it's head, so I'm thinking when the level re-loaded the physics engine glitched a bit and it got stuck underground, with it's physics box still interacting with the gate.

If that's the case I'll have to go much further back and re-play a good chunk of the game Undecided

RE: Overtuany way to bypass bugged doors? - Coldspire - 05-18-2010

(05-18-2010, 04:02 PM)Robomook Wrote: There's also an invisible barrier in front of the gate, I have a theory that it's the physics box from a dead hound that's clipped through the ground - I remember the corpse of the first one I killed (as soon as I arrived in that area) got stuck in the gate after I dropped a broken cannister on it's head, so I'm thinking when the level re-loaded the physics engine glitched a bit and it got stuck underground, with it's physics box still interacting with the gate.

Same thing happened to me at that exact door: I killed a hound that fell through and into the gate as it died, and I wasn't able to open or move the door (or the dog) after that.

I loaded up an earlier save and was careful to dispatch the dogs away from the gate. No problems after that. Was a pleasure to replay that section anyway.

Doesn't the game auto-save when entering each new area? If so, a recent save should put you very close to that blocked door and the hound encounters. If not, I'm sure I could dig up a old save of mine that's at least somewhat nearby.