Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Field of View option in graphics - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Open Source Collaboration (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Overture (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Field of View option in graphics (/thread-3630.html)

Field of View option in graphics - wally - 08-05-2010

I was looking through old posts and found a user asking about perspective configuration. What with the source code being released, I figured I would add this functionality in myself since there seemed to be no other way of doing it. Currently the function doesn't save between restarts of Penumbra, or even between the Main Menu -> game transition, but I'm working on it. Image because I'm so damn proud of myself.

Code Here.

EDIT: Updated to save FoV settings to the settings file. (My code for the saving is a little sketch, but it seems to work.) Update here.

RE: Field of View option in graphics - Shadow4K - 09-21-2010

Hey Wally

I like play with high FOV values, so your mod is perfect.

But... Is This mod only compatible with english versions of the game? Can you make a spanish-compatible version?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Field of View option in graphics - wally - 09-23-2010

(09-21-2010, 11:47 AM)Shadow4K Wrote: Hey Wally

I like play with high FOV values, so your mod is perfect.

But... Is This mod only compatible with english versions of the game? Can you make a spanish-compatible version?

Thanks in advance.
I believe if you put the needed options into your language file it should work, since I am using the localisation functions that come with Penumbra.

RE: Field of View option in graphics - Shadow4K - 11-06-2010

Wally, Is your FOV mod only for Linux version of Penumbra Overture? I can't find the .cpp files.

I have the Windows version of Penumbra.

Can You make a FOV mod por Windows versions?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Field of View option in graphics - KavazovAngel - 11-07-2010

^ He posted the C++ file. You actually have to download the Penumbra Overture source and import the poster's changes into that file. Or just replace it. Then you have to compile the game yourself. Smile

I don't think a simple FOV setting is worth all that trouble.

RE: Field of View option in graphics - keen - 11-14-2010

Hey Wally,

Can you post exactly what i need to put in the English.lang file? As well as any other mods you've added, that i might need in my .lang file? Thanks Smile

I wasn't sure where to find the updated lang file...

RE: Field of View option in graphics - wally - 11-18-2010

(11-14-2010, 10:02 AM)keen Wrote: Hey Wally,

Can you post exactly what i need to put in the English.lang file? As well as any other mods you've added, that i might need in my .lang file? Thanks Smile

I wasn't sure where to find the updated lang file...
Heres a link to the updated one: Link

RE: Field of View option in graphics - jioc0 - 09-27-2015

Hi,
Can i have a cpp file modded? The link it's expired. Angel

RE: Field of View option in graphics - Romulator - 09-27-2015

Unlikely. This particular thread is around 5 years old, so I doubt the OP can help you now.

RE: Field of View option in graphics - jioc0 - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 01:57 PM)Romulator Wrote: Unlikely. This particular thread is around 5 years old, so I doubt the OP can help you now.

ok, no problem but if anyone know how to do change the code with a slider for FOV can post the solution please!
Thank you for your answer! Smile