Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: News - Announcements (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! (/thread-3724.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - Jonez - 09-03-2010

Come on! Dont make them to move the release date farther!(But if they make the fixes coming with a patch or something later)
The demo was really good, I didn't notice any things that needs fixing.

Jonez

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - Amakir - 09-03-2010

Anyone else who gets bad FPS in the game?

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - Vortex - 09-03-2010

FUCK YEAH.

The demo was awesome, even though I hope the full game will be even scarier.

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - Tanshaydar - 09-03-2010

Frictional Games,
You did the exact same thing in Black Plague. The moment I feel relaxed, something unexpectable and horrifying turns the corner.
Now, I have to wash my pants :/

Detecting the graphic card is good option. Game has very good performance with that graphic quality and effects.

Game will have more emotional atmosphere than Penumbra, won't it? I think there will be some point that we cannot hold our tears anymore Big Grin

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - RabidSanity - 09-04-2010

Absolutely Awesome!!!

Ran as smooth as can be in Ubuntu 10.04 with all the settings maxed.

I gotta say that scratching noise that seemed ever so close but you can't tell whats causing it was stressing my nerves a bit. I loved it can't wait for the full game.

Keep up excellent work Frictional!!!!

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - WindexGlow - 09-04-2010

Think I made a bug in the very last part.

Spoiler below!
During the very last level (with the body parts) I died after getting past the metal grate, towards the final wooden door. It would not open, and I was gobbled up by the monster tailing me.
Reloading, I notice no monster spawned in the body-part section. None. I do a few laps around the center broken column than open the metal grate again, this time fully. A monster than pops out of the wooden door, which I manage to sneak past after sacrificing a limb. Game ends when inside.

I'm going to guess the regular monster spawn + door spawn were supposed to happen together..

Will be buying, I really liked the camera affects and how you used SSAO as a soft shadow (I believe, or was that truly a shadow?)
Ran great on my GTX260 with all opens full engines throttle. Voice acting ++, I hope when we meet our watery foe again nothing breaks when we land on a box :p

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - penumbra 4ever - 09-04-2010

YEAHHHH, downloading.

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - Guyra - 09-04-2010

Played the demo yesterday... This game friggin' exceeds my expectations by a mile, and my expectations were already high!

Will buy the game when it comes out. And again when it gets a physical release... It's sorely needed for my game collection! Big Grin

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - sgi - 09-04-2010

Awesome demo! Can't wait till it comes out. You guys are great!

RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released! - zbugja - 09-04-2010

booooo! good demo, that splashing bastard scared me too and i'm not a young one anymore. One single thing to mention: I left the game to grab some food and after 10 minutes of idle time, it crashed. Maybe just a demo issue, I don't know. Other than this no problems, ran fine on my HD4850 winXP 64 bit system ,maximum settings. lovin' it!