Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem (/thread-3728.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem - bitzaxp90 - 09-03-2010

Hey.. So I tried running Amnesia demo but I have some problems... first that was with the HUGE lag and the black screen, fixed it, turned everything lowest possible, looks horrible but meh.. Now the problem is when the cursor appears and I can move I can't access Memento or everything, if I right click the game blocks, if I click "J" (journal) the game blocks too... any fixes? >.<

RE: Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem - Thomas - 09-03-2010

Okay, so I get this straight:
- The game runs fine
- The startmenus run fine.

But when you press J or Tab (to enter Journal or Inventory) a mouse cursor pops up but it is not possible to move with the mouse.
- What happens when you press Escape or Tab when in a menu?
- Does pressing Escape and entering main menu work when playing the game?

Say if I not gotten something correctly.

RE: Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem - bitzaxp90 - 09-03-2010

(09-03-2010, 03:04 PM)Thomas Wrote: Okay, so I get this straight:
- The game runs fine
- The startmenus run fine.

But when you press J or Tab (to enter Journal or Inventory) a mouse cursor pops up but it is not possible to move with the mouse.
- What happens when you press Escape or Tab when in a menu?
- Does pressing Escape and entering main menu work when playing the game?

Say if I not gotten something correctly.
Well, let's see. When I'm in the game, I can't press anything that leads to a menu or anything, because it blocks, even the esc key. And when I press in main menu esc or tab nothing happens >.<

If no buttons work, how do you start the game? or is it just keyboard that is not working?

(09-03-2010, 03:13 PM)Thomas Wrote: If no buttons work, how do you start the game? or is it just keyboard that is not working?
When I'm laying and I get up. I can't press J or Tab or ESC, because the game blocks. Understand now? JUST when I can move and the crosshair appears, but It just blocks if I press those buttons when I move, I can interact and stuff.. But I want a fix.

Try reconfiguring the keys in options->input

See if that helps!

(09-03-2010, 03:17 PM)Thomas Wrote: Try reconfiguring the keys in options->input

See if that helps!
Nope. I tried, and I pressed J and Tab, nothing happens, but when I press the inventory and journal (with the new buttons, n and k) the game blocks.

Ah sorry, I see. This is very strange.

I am afraid we need to do some tweaking to get this solved:

go to
"My Documents/Amnesia/MainDemo" and open "main_settings.cfg"
change
UpdateLogActive="false"
to
UpdateLogActive="true"

Start the game again, and then when the game starts blocking, exit it (by ctrl-alt-delete or similar).

Attach hpl_update.log found in "My Documents/Amnesia/MainDemo"

That way I should see where in the code it freezes.

Blocked, I tried to access the journal.. here's the log anyway

RE: Amnesia The Dark Descent Demo problem - Vince - 09-03-2010

I had a similar issue. After getting up, I pressed "I" and the game froze (with hourglass-cursor and everything) for like five seconds. The same with opening the main menu with "esc" after that.
Pressing "I" again after that just worked fine. Maybe it is a issue with caching something? Or my fragmented HDD?
I just started a new game and the issue is gone, by the way.
Maybe this helps.