Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? (/thread-5017.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - sourceman - 10-11-2010

This game is and has been rated one of the scaryest games of all time. Share your stories with the community. beware of spoilers. if you can try and keep them at a minimal spoiler, not major.
this is mine.

-going to the guest room.
-go into the room with THAT part.
-suddenly i hear a monster burst through the door.
-it's 3AM and im wearing headphones.
-hide in the closet.
-hear the things breathing and freak out in real life.
-it finally goes away.
-as in the game, my head is pounding and my hands are shaking.

That was something i wasn't expecting.

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - 311alien - 10-11-2010

Nice...for me, it was just the whole atmosphere of the prison. It's so dark, lots of ambient sounds, monsters roaming the halls. After a few minutes of walking around, i got so tense, I needed a break. This happened for the duration of the prison. Then I got to the morgue..."save and exit the game" - click!

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Mjarr - 10-12-2010

Spoiler below!
The iron maiden. Only part of the game that scared me what I consider genuine scare on subjective point of view (aka what actually scared me in some way).

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Bifford - 10-12-2010

The bit where you hop across windowsills was both creepy and depressing. You could see that the supernatural horror has infested the forest outside, and realized that fleeing the castle was not an option. You were trapped, with no way to go but deeper down the rabbit hole.

Yeah, the part where I had to hide in my bedroom closet was scary.

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Cryaotic - 10-12-2010

The part where I first encountered a monster in the Storage.

Thinking a sound was just something ambient and then all of a sudden I see his figure in the doorway? My heart was pounding, HARD.

I could 'hear' the fear in my voice, like something you'd hear in a horror movie by an awesome actor.

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Kaizerwolf - 10-12-2010

Honestly, there are a lot of places that scared me. For one, it has to be the parts in the beginning. Especially the Archives, where that piano is! When I walked by it, i had no idea it was going to slam shut. All the ambient sounds of monsters and creaking in that place still scare me.

And even when I expect the piano, I still get scared.

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - 311alien - 10-12-2010

(10-12-2010, 06:03 PM)Kaizerwolf Wrote: Honestly, there are a lot of places that scared me. For one, it has to be the parts in the beginning. Especially the Archives, where that piano is! When I walked by it, i had no idea it was going to slam shut. All the ambient sounds of monsters and creaking in that place still scare me.

And even when I expect the piano, I still get scared.

I freaked when the piano slammed as well...even though I still expect it, it still gives me a scare. Now that I think of the archives, it was pretty scary. The wine cellar too :-)

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - StayVisible - 10-12-2010

The part with the invisible creature in the water and the sewer part also creeped me out!

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Luumu - 10-20-2010

The first water place freaked me Big Grin
The Storage was absolutely shocking experience. It was so agonicing
The Prison
Those torture chambers were also creepy. Just wanted to get out.

RE: What part of Amnesia scared you the most? - Arvuti - 10-20-2010

Storage
Prison
Iron Maiden scene.