Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Custom Story - Help! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Custom Story - Help! (/thread-5397.html)

Custom Story - Help! - Wrightman3008 - 11-10-2010

I apologize 10 times over if this seems silly.. I looked at the custom installer thread 100 times but I still can't get to any custom stories. I have just completed the story line and am interested in seeing what people make. If anyone at all can give me a hand with getting the stories to work I would greatly appreciate it.

Downloaded Amnesia not through stream, through another retail site.
Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Thanks

RE: Custom Story - Help! - Gamemakingdude - 11-10-2010

What you mean?

Are you looking for the tools to create the maps and everything else?

RE: Custom Story - Help! - Wrightman3008 - 11-10-2010

in good time i am but for the moment i am looking how to play someone elses custom story

i guess what im asking is where do i make the "custom_stories" folder in order for them to appear in game in the menu. If I'm going about this the wrong way please correct me. Tongue

(11-10-2010, 06:48 AM)Wrightman3008 Wrote: in good time i am but for the moment i am looking how to play someone elses custom story

i guess what im asking is where do i make the "custom_stories" folder in order for them to appear in game in the menu. If I'm going about this the wrong way please correct me. Tongue

redist in the amnesia folder.

redist?

When I open the amnesia folder all I see is "Main" that's it

It should be located in your amensia folder in steam. Look for files like billboards, config, editor, entities. If you can find them that's where you put your custom_stories folder.

The only place I found files like those were in the custom story I downloaded.

My Amnesia location is Documents > Amnesia > Main > Profiles / first_start_flag / hpl / hpl_update / installkey / launcher / main_settings.cfg

I did not download amnesia through steam.

(11-10-2010, 07:11 AM)Wrightman3008 Wrote: The only place I found files like those were in the custom story I downloaded.

My Amnesia location is Documents > Amnesia > Main > Profiles / first_start_flag / hpl / hpl_update / installkey / launcher / main_settings.cfg

I did not download amnesia through steam.

You should be looking in program files in the C:/ drive.

RE: Custom Story - Help! - Tottel - 11-10-2010

The Amnesia directory you described is where the savegames are stored. You should be looking in C:/Program Files/... Smile

Seems like reading the wiki a hundred times wasn't so effective? :p

Oh jeez... I feel so silly. Thank you very much for your help. <3