Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Student project - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Student project (/thread-5561.html)

Pages: 1 2

Student project - Cymbal Monkey - 11-28-2010

So my English teacher told us to do research papers, and I chose to do mine on video games as a form of art. He later told me about a highschool game development competition. So I'm working on a game and I'm planning to use the HPL2 engine, because it's open and it's brilliant. I'm wondering if anyone here would like to assist me and my friends in this project. (details are secret for now, unless you join us)

Quick version of the story I have in mind: Main character commits some humanitarian atrocity, is tormented by it.
Game starts, you read about your guilt and torment in a diary, go to bed, wake up, something in the house is off. You work your way through a Silent Hill esque house that's tormenting you, and then find out you're in hell and the people you committed that humanitarian atrocity upon are tormenting you.

RE: Student project - LoneWolf - 11-28-2010

I wouldnt mind making maps and areas. I'm not great at scripting though, i know basic scripts.

RE: Student project - Gamemakingdude - 11-28-2010

(11-28-2010, 10:30 PM)Cymbal Monkey Wrote: So my English teacher told us to do research papers, and I chose to do mine on video games as a form of art. He later told me about a highschool game development competition. So I'm working on a game and I'm planning to use the HPL2 engine, because it's open and it's brilliant. I'm wondering if anyone here would like to assist me and my friends in this project. (details are secret for now, unless you join us)

Quick version of the story I have in mind: Main character commits some humanitarian atrocity, is tormented by it.
Game starts, you read about your guilt and torment in a diary, go to bed, wake up, something in the house is off. You work your way through a Silent Hill esque house that's tormenting you, and then find out you're in hell and the people you committed that humanitarian atrocity upon are tormenting you.

This.... Is an epic story....

I'm interested in scripting
Just add me at msn
gamemakingdude@hotmail.com

if u need proof of my work just ask em.

RE: Student project - Cymbal Monkey - 11-28-2010

I'm glad there's some interest! The over all idea is that life itself is purgatorial and that turnabout is not fair play.

So I still need a character modeler, something no one I know is good at...

RE: Student project - Akumasama - 11-29-2010

Well, I do some 3d work...
I'm not a pro or something, but if you can't find anyone else, I geuss I can give it a shot...

RE: Student project - Cymbal Monkey - 11-29-2010

I'll take whoever I can get.

RE: Student project - muffinman16 - 11-29-2010

I can assist in dialog writing and if pressed i can do texturing.

RE: Student project - Kaizerwolf - 11-29-2010

I can possibly map for this. Will it be using Amnesia textures, or just the HPL2 editor with custom things in it?

By the way, I can't script for crap. Someone would have to do that for me. Tongue

RE: Student project - Cymbal Monkey - 11-29-2010

Muffin, that's a big help, and Kaizer, yes.

RE: Student project - Kurton - 11-29-2010

I could help with music, if anything beyond the default Amnesia soundtrack is needed or desired.

Can't do much else without a working HPL2 Mac editor...