Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic (/thread-7561.html)

Justine - Should I carry on after death? - Empow3rd - 05-27-2011

I just started Justine expansion today and HOLY SHIT it was scary. However I died at the fairly beginning. I wouldn't like to hear any spoilers but should I carry on? I don't know if the developers didn't want one to continue it after dying.

Huh

RE: Justine - Should I carry on after death? - Frost - 05-27-2011

Try, try again! Smile

RE: Justine - Should I carry on after death? - Tanshaydar - 05-27-2011

Bear in mind. Death is final - nothing will be saved.

RE: Justine - Should I carry on after death? - Skandis - 05-28-2011

Definitely.

The whole no-save thing makes it even scarier.
There was one part where I failed, so I started building up to make it. I accidently miscalculated, and tried to fix the situation ASAP.
Needless to say, it was the first time in the entire Amnesia game where I was trembling and hyperventilating.

God it felt good.

RE: Justine - Should I carry on after death? - Tanshaydar - 05-28-2011

(05-28-2011, 02:59 AM)Skandis Wrote: God it felt good.

This may be most masochistic post I've ever read Tongue

RE: Justine - Should I carry on after death? - Empow3rd - 05-28-2011

Well I finished it tonight. Even I managed to experience most of the DLC in my first playthrough it still managed to scare and stress me Tongue.

Well done Frictional games and Mikko Tarmia!

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - FrozenStar - 05-29-2011

The dungeon was by far the scariest part. It took me over 10 tries to save the guy and save myself. It's tricky and a time trial challenge where you have to be as fast and good as possible. If you waste time trying to turn the wheel the wrong way or somehow your mouse slips and reverse it, it's game over there.

RE: Amnesia Justine Scaremeter - Hunter of Shadows - 05-29-2011

(05-29-2011, 09:09 PM)FrozenStar Wrote: The dungeon was by far the scariest part. It took me over 10 tries to save the guy and save myself. It's tricky and a time trial challenge where you have to be as fast and good as possible. If you waste time trying to turn the wheel the wrong way or somehow your mouse slips and reverse it, it's game over there.

believe it or not, it's NOT game over at all, the monster won't find you immediately, not even close, tobuscus's let's play of justine is proof of that, and my brother was an idiot and took forever to open the door(he crouched in the water for like 20 minutes thinking if he touched it the monster would immediately find him).

The monster didn't even find him immediately until he got to the end of it

Finally, Justine - Sexbad - 05-30-2011

I've been away from a computer that can actually play video games for a while (somewhat secretively to you). It wasn't until today that I could actually try Justine. From what I've played so far, I'm awestruck.

You see, I'm not entirely sure if it's just incredibly challenging or I'm just fucking dumb. I got up to the third level before making a wrong turn and getting a bad guy all up in my face and dying. Before that, both of my attempts to save people were unsuccessful. I have to know one thing before I start playing again: Is it actually supposed to be incredibly difficult to save people, or am I just not paying enough attention to notes/symbols/environmental cues as I should?

No spoilers, please, just an answer to that small question.

RE: Finally, Justine - Apjjm - 05-30-2011

Yes, saving people is supposed to be much more difficult than doing it normally. Took me quite a few play-throughs to get the best possible ending (but not nearly as many as trying to get the fastest completion time Wink).