Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic (/thread-7561.html)

RE: Justine Question [SPOILER] - Nosecrawler - 06-13-2012

Question: Why do you save them if you don't even let them out?

RE: Justine Question [SPOILER] - Adny - 06-13-2012

(06-13-2012, 03:27 PM)Nosecrawler Wrote: Question: Why do you save them if you don't even let them out?
It is a test of the player's character (character as in the trait). Are you willing to go out of your way and risk your life for the good of others? That is want Justine wanted to know, and why she consumed the Amnesia potion and put herself in the situation she did.

She realizes it was all a test for herself at the end, which is why she didn't let them out.

Justine cell_malo music identify - Slesh - 07-08-2012

I'm just starting on my way through Justine and have noticed some interesting piano music in Malo's cell.
The file can be found at sounds/ptest/level01/cell_malo.wav .

Does anyone know what this is from?

RE: Justine cell_malo music identify - MaZiCUT - 07-08-2012

Game developers usualy create their own music.

What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - vixenVIPER - 08-12-2012

Hello, people. For a couple of years now I've watched people play Amnesia: The Dark Descent both on Youtube, and live.
It was only recently that I picked up the game myself, being the brave pussy as I am. However, so far I've only played, and completed, the Justine DLC. I pissed myself playing this, and I cringe at the thought of playing the full game, thinking that perhaps it's scarier.

Which of the two in your opinion is scarier, and why?

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - Kman - 08-12-2012

Justine, I can play through TDD now without having much of a reaction, but I'm still incapable of playing through that water level in Justine without shitting a brick, even after playing it like 5-10 times.

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - Adny - 08-12-2012

The firs time through, TDD is much scarier than Justine. To be honest, TDD doesn't have much replay value due to the way the atmosphere and story build, if you experience it once, you pretty much know exactly what's going to happen and when it will happen every time, which kinda kills the horror part (at least for me). There's only event randomization if you die death.

Justine on the other hand throws you right into the thick of it. Justine's focused less on subtlety and more on those awesome events that make you panic and get your heart pumpin'.

It's kind of hard to compare the way the two make you feel. TDD makes you wanna fear-quit because of how engaging and immersive the atmosphere is, but Justine makes you want to rush through the scary parts because if you don't, you die. Fear is based on anticipation and a perceived thread, the threat is always present in Justine, whereas it's rarely present in TDD, so let's just say it's a different type of scary.

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - failedALIAS - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 10:22 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: The firs time through, TDD is much scarier than Justine. To be honest, TDD doesn't have much replay value due to the way the atmosphere and story build, if you experience it once, you pretty much know exactly what's going to happen and when it will happen every time, which kinda kills the horror part (at least for me). There's only event randomization if you die death.

Justine on the other hand throws you right into the thick of it. Justine's focused less on subtlety and more on those awesome events that make you panic and get your heart pumpin'.

It's kind of hard to compare the way the two make you feel. TDD makes you wanna fear-quit because of how engaging and immersive the atmosphere is, but Justine makes you want to rush through the scary parts because if you don't, you die. Fear is based on anticipation and a perceived thread, the threat is always present in Justine, whereas it's rarely present in TDD, so let's just say it's a different type of scary.
You just gave me a boner.

I found Justine more frightening due to the constant stress of oh, you know,
FUCKING KILLING PEOPLE!!!
Coupled with the torment of the fucking psychopaths that want to either: kill you(gratuitously), eat you, or rape you(gratuitously).
I don't even think they disappear, right?

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - vixenVIPER - 08-13-2012

(08-12-2012, 09:51 PM)Kman Wrote: Justine, I can play through TDD now without having much of a reaction, but I'm still incapable of playing through that water level in Justine without shitting a brick, even after playing it like 5-10 times.
Hahaha, I know right? Whenever I get to that room I just leave the guy for dead. I WILL SURVIVE! Such panic, indeed.
As for TDD.. I guess I have to grit my teeth and just play it. But O, the monsters aren't blind in that one. x.x
Wish me luck everyone, and thank you for your assistance.

Much lurv!

RE: What's scarier: The Dark Descent or Justine? - Froge - 08-13-2012

I actually thought that Justine was unfairly difficult at the water monster part. It took me four hours to rescue all three prisoners because I kept dying at the sewer section, which forced me to have to redo the whole stacking crates thing again at prisoner one. The timing to save prisoner three is impeccable. You literally have to ignore all else and make a beeline for the cogwheel after getting past the first door, and you can't stop running either - walking for even one second would probably screw you over. But the part where you actually have to turn the wheel to save the prisoner is by far the most intense. I swear, if I had been slower by half a second to get the job done, the suitor would've gotten me.