Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Talent Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Talent Thread (/thread-7784.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Talent Thread - Karai16 - 05-03-2011

Hey People, here's the promised talent thread.
What you do here is simple: Whether you’re a writer, programmer, or voice actor, you post your advertisement here, so people have easy access. For voice actors, if might be handy to have a sample. If thinking of a sample is hard, I have written a small letter everybody can use.

Quote:Dear Jeanny,
I hope this letter finds you well, for it will be the last I will write to you. The mansion you are at, is cursed by an evil witch. Although her name forgotten over time, her actions are still as vivid as ever. I was there a few months ago to investigate. Nothing happened then, but this time, I won’t be so lucky.
As I’m writing this letter, I can feel her eyes settling on me. In my nightmares, I can hear her monster’s guttural groans, and the scraping of metal over wood. It won’t be long before they will claw at my door.
You have to act swiftly to stop her, go to the ritual site and redo the ritual, for it is the only way to stop her.
My death is unavoidable, but yours isn’t. Quickly, there isn’t much time!

-Dahlia
If you’re a guy, simply replace Dahlia by Dave, and you’re done.

And I’ll start first, I’m a writer, and a voice actress.
Voice acting sample: Voice Acting

Good luck!

RE: Talent Threat - Roenlond - 05-03-2011

Just a quick note, thread isn't spelled as threat, it is pretty misleading as of now Smile

I'll listen to the sample a bit later and give you a response, this will undoubtedly be a good resource in the future!

RE: Talent Threat - Karai16 - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 11:16 AM)Roenlond Wrote: Just a quick note, thread isn't spelled as threat, it is pretty misleading as of now Smile

I'll listen to the sample a bit later and give you a response, this will undoubtedly be a good resource in the future!

Whoops, pretty big typo ^^; I'm sorry

RE: Talent Thread - Roenlond - 05-03-2011

Sounds really good, only thing I could criticize is the sound volume. That is most likely due to a not so good microphone, or that you kept the microphone a little too far away. The tone was nice and it really sounded as if it was a letter, good job! =)

RE: Talent Thread - Karai16 - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 03:49 PM)Roenlond Wrote: Sounds really good, only thing I could criticize is the sound volume. That is most likely due to a not so good microphone, or that you kept the microphone a little too far away. The tone was nice and it really sounded as if it was a letter, good job! =)

it's probably because my master input was almost off, I just noticed that... ^^;, other than that, I was doing this in the morning just when I came out of bed, so this was my morning voice, so it wasn't really going the way I wanted it to go, but hey, I think it's decent...

RE: Talent Thread - Xss - 05-03-2011

Okay, my turn, voice actor: http://www.partage-facile.com/2YGVGDRP64/voice_test.mp3.html

I might do another recording with the paragraph Karai16 posted, trying to do another kind of voice.

Bear also in mind that you can play with audacity by reducing/increasing the speed and/or pitch of any recording, it can really change the "color" of a voice in my opinion.

RE: Talent Thread - Cryaotic - 05-03-2011

Voice Acting.

I really just did this as a joke because I had a weird voice idea in mind, so I gave it a go. Thank you for the sample reading!

RE: Talent Thread - Karai16 - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 04:42 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Voice Acting.

I really just did this as a joke because I had a weird voice idea in mind, so I gave it a go. Thank you for the sample reading!

It really is a weird voice, but it has a certain charm to it. ^^ if you can do more of these kind of stereotype voices, I'd say you're really talented. Tongue keep it up

RE: Talent Thread - Roenlond - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 04:42 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Voice Acting.

Amazing, but my ears bleed :<

RE: Talent Thread - Cryaotic - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 04:55 PM)Roenlond Wrote: Amazing, but my ears bleed :<

Mission: Accomplished. :]