Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! (/thread-7896.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

[spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Disruption - 05-09-2011

So I'm in the whine cellar and right after I picked up the Laundanum (healing potion) this grunt corners me so I crouch down behind the shelf and wait there, staring at the wall, checking back every few seconds to see if he's gone. I've been doing this for probably five minutes now. Is this normal? Why won't he go away? It's not even scary anymore, it's just plain BORING. I want to get on with the game! Dodgy

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Hunter of Shadows - 05-09-2011

you have to walk towards him, make sure your lantern is off or he'll notice you and rip your face off

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Disruption - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 06:46 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: you have to walk towards him, make sure your lantern is off or he'll notice you and rip your face off

Walk toward him? And he'll do what?

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - GraphicsKid - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 06:30 AM)Disruption Wrote: So I'm in the whine cellar and right after I picked up the Laundanum (healing potion) this grunt corners me so I crouch down behind the shelf and wait there, staring at the wall, checking back every few seconds to see if he's gone. I've been doing this for probably five minutes now. Is this normal? Why won't he go away? It's not even scary anymore, it's just plain BORING. I want to get on with the game! Dodgy

lol... WHINE cellar...

Also, it's a hallucination. RUN towards it, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH poof.

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Disruption - 05-09-2011

Ah, thanks, ha ha. I read online that the grunts in the WINE cellar were real, so that's why I was hiding. Big Grin

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - eiahmon - 05-09-2011

I had this same problem on my first playthrough. I ended up passing out waiting for him to leave, and when I tried again he vanished quickly.

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Hunter of Shadows - 05-09-2011

(05-09-2011, 07:27 AM)Disruption Wrote:
(05-09-2011, 06:46 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: you have to walk towards him, make sure your lantern is off or he'll notice you and rip your face off

Walk toward him? And he'll do what?

Walk away

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Disruption - 05-10-2011

Wow, you're right, ha ha! Why the hell would a grunt walk away when its victim is WALKING RIGHT THE HELL TOWARD IT?!

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Hunter of Shadows - 05-10-2011

(05-10-2011, 06:24 AM)Disruption Wrote: Wow, you're right, ha ha! Why the hell would a grunt walk away when its victim is WALKING RIGHT THE HELL TOWARD IT?!

you'll notice it's back is towards you

RE: [spoiler] This grunt won't gimme a break! - Disruption - 05-11-2011

I never got close enough to see which way it was facing. That makes sense, though.