Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia (/thread-8733.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

[Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-21-2011

closed Big Grin
umad?

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - eliasfrost - 06-21-2011

Is there a way we will be able to see this game?

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-21-2011

(06-21-2011, 09:43 PM)nackidno Wrote: Is there a way we will be able to see this game?

only scripts and the lines of the maps so farTongue

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Leu Radu - 06-22-2011

Good luck! It's quite a lot of work you are undertaking here.

What engine do you think on using?

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-22-2011

(06-22-2011, 10:45 AM)Leu Radu Wrote: Good luck! It's quite a lot of work you are undertaking here.

What engine do you think on using?

we may change our engine to a good one
any ideas, one that supports physics and shaders
would've been cool if i could use hpl2

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - ThePaSch - 06-22-2011

You could use HPL1, it's open source.

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - BlueFury - 06-22-2011

(06-22-2011, 04:46 PM)ThePaSch Wrote: You could use HPL1, it's open source.

still, would be orgasmic if i could use hpl2

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - nemesis567 - 06-22-2011

what engine are you using?
Oh, you don't know the engine yet? Why don't you use Unreal Engine 3, it's free and it's the best engine out there.
You should add weapons. The ammo should be very rare and you shouldn't have a very good control over the weapon. It should get stuck and so on. Don't add melee weapons, these are infinite and it sucks so the player will never have to run. In the beggining add very weaker guns with only 1-2 boxes of shells/bullets, then you keep improving as you increase the difficultie.
Note: If you don't have an engine yet, how do you have some maps already??

RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia - Synatic - 06-22-2011

inspired by WOW2?Smile

(06-22-2011, 05:08 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: what engine are you using?
Oh, you don't know the engine yet? Why don't you use Unreal Engine 3, it's free and it's the best engine out there.
You should add weapons. The ammo should be very rare and you shouldn't have a very good control over the weapon. It should get stuck and so on. Don't add melee weapons, these are infinite and it sucks so the player will never have to run. In the beggining add very weaker guns with only 1-2 boxes of shells/bullets, then you keep improving as you increase the difficultie.
Note: If you don't have an engine yet, how do you have some maps already??

those were made with source, we are just started. is unreal good?
(06-22-2011, 07:45 PM)Synatic Wrote: inspired by WOW2?Smile

world of warcraft? NO