Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

What about my pictures?

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

@Hardarm: when I look at the brick wall, it looks out of place. I think there might be several reasons:

1) The brick texture could be a bit bigger, right now it looks peculiarly small next to the heavy wooden supports.

2) The bricks look too clean, almost sterile compared to the worn furniture and crude wood. They look like bricks used for facades.

3) The texture seems to be sharper (or maybe just higher contrast) than the ones it is placed next to, and it stands out.

@Corinthian: I like the first pic (don't know what to critique, though), in the second it's hard to tell what you're supposed to be looking at (maybe back away a little to show the structure of the room?), and the third needs more detail. Smile

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Corinthian, the first pic looks good, nice menu background - the cogs look a little strange where they are but, I assume that has something to do with the story (?).
In the second, the rather nice wallpaper on the wall on the right looks out of place against the rough wood and stone of the rest of the room.
In the last pic, theres quite a lot of emtpy space (though that may just be the perspective), without seeing the rest of the room and without knowing what that space is, it seems like it would benefit from being narrower, or having some clutter around relative to what that room is so that the player isnt just looking at repeating stone walls
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(12-04-2012, 03:48 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: @Hardarm: when I look at the brick wall, it looks out of place. I think there might be several reasons:

1) The brick texture could be a bit bigger, right now it looks peculiarly small next to the heavy wooden supports.

2) The bricks look too clean, almost sterile compared to the worn furniture and crude wood. They look like bricks used for facades.

3) The texture seems to be sharper (or maybe just higher contrast) than the ones it is placed next to, and it stands out.

@Corinthian: I like the first pic (don't know what to critique, though), in the second it's hard to tell what you're supposed to be looking at (maybe back away a little to show the structure of the room?), and the third needs more detail. Smile
Thanks for the comments, but this facility's owner is very rich he wanted to make the place as better as possible. The bricks are 0.125 value (high res and very little bricks) i'll try colouring them and making them more worn.

listen to boards of canada
12-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

That makes sense. I hope you don't think I'm trying to find faults - just giving you suggestions, but it's up to you to decide which ones to follow. Smile

^(;,;)^
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

How dare you people motivate me into working on my kitchen. Can't you see i'm trying to procrastinate here?

[Image: tsDQn.jpg?1]

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

What kind of kitchen doesn't have a stove?

Pst, I think it's fake.
12-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-06-2012, 06:49 AM)Rapture Wrote: What kind of kitchen doesn't have a stove?

Pst, I think it's fake.

It's custom designed and being imported from China.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Oh right, of course, the Chinese don't use stoves.............?
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(12-06-2012, 10:54 AM)Adrianis Wrote: Oh right, of course, the Chinese don't use stoves.............?
And I hate not having one D:

I'm Taiwanese actually, but close enough

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Find