Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

(08-08-2014, 10:37 PM)Robosprog Wrote: If it was your bad dude, best thing is to apologize to those who you reacted so harshly too.

I don't think I was harsh to anyone but endo. And that wasn't really about what was in my shot.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
08-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

My response wasn't the best but you can't ask for more after his first comment to the screenshots.

08-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(08-08-2014, 11:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Seriously, there was no reason to respond the way you did. If anything, that was more reasonable than the way I put it.

I didn't say he wasn't reasonable. Just that he was cocky. Which I think he was.

Also:

endosine Wrote:FUCKER

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 11:16 PM by Wapez.)
08-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(08-08-2014, 11:14 PM)Wapez Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 11:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Seriously, there was no reason to respond the way you did. If anything, that was more reasonable than the way I put it.

I didn't say he wasn't reasonable. Just that he was cocky. Which I think he was.

Also:

Okay if you've actually read the posts before, it was a response to the Arch picture sprogrobo (different user) posted... its a running joke, thats why i simply said FUCKER... it wasnt directed at you.

The International Narcotics Traffic
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 11:19 PM by Gilligan's Hell.)
08-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-08-2014, 11:18 PM)endosine Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 11:14 PM)Wapez Wrote:

Also:

Okay if you've actually read the posts before, it was a response to the Arch picture sprogrobo (different user) posted... its a running joke, thats why i simply said FUCKER... it wasnt directed at you.
Stop reading my script!
08-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Ah, I see. Well, it doesn't really change the situation.

Also I don't think I was unreasonable. Look, all I did was ask him not to be cocky because I felt like there was supposed to be a lot of irony in that first post that was meant to in some way make me look bad. Then he comes flying at me with a lot of stuff that was really mean. I won't apologize, because I don't see me doing something wrong. I do understand your way of thinking - I just don't agree.

EDIT: I just hope I didn't make you sad endo, I never intended to, no matter what you meant with your first post.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 11:23 PM by Wapez.)
08-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(08-08-2014, 11:22 PM)Wapez Wrote: Ah, I see. Well, it doesn't really change the situation.

Yeah but why you quoted the "FUCKER" post anyway....
08-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(08-08-2014, 11:25 PM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: Yeah but why you quoted the "FUCKER" post anyway....

Misunderstanding. Sorry about that.

08-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

(08-08-2014, 11:28 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You were unreasonable, dude. It's not a matter of opinion, it's objective - you had a completely unreasonable response to what he posted.
And honestly, if you think that, it's just paranoia. It was him calling you out, on what he thought, to be you copying an FG map. There was no message between the lines - sometimes, you do have to take things at face value.
And yeah, of course he does - he retaliated towards you doing the exact thing. Honestly dude, you were in the wrong here, there are usually shades of grey for everything but I just don't see any - just a very strong black.

It's incredibly juvenile to be honest, not to just apologize and let it go. You might apply the same to me and say to just leave the matter - but honestly this attitude is something I see recurring within this forum, not just in individuals but within the community, even myself sometimes, and we all need to grow up and just learn to admit we're wrong, and apologize sometimes, and doing this would be a pretty decent step forward in that regard.

So, seriously, step up and be the first. God knows it might start a trend of people apologizing to people they've wronged.

I'm sorry robo, I know just what you mean and I agree with you but with this specific matter I cannot apologize, even if I wanted to, cause I don't see myself doing anything wrong. I think that he said it in a cocky way, and that his "umm... yeah..." was a way of making it more clear to me that he was putting something between the lines. And that's why I called him cocky. Seriously, no one of us could know what he really meant, but I got the impression of him being a dick to me.

If he would step up and explain that this was not the case and tell me why he would say it like that, my standing point in this would of course drastically change. Until then, I won't apologize.

08-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I was in a skype call with him when he posted that. There was absolutely no "in between the lines". It was more
Sprig: "hey, doesn't this look like the study? <link to your pic>"
Endo and pretty much everyone else: "Yeah, good point, it does!"
Sprig: "I'm writing a critique already for the one pic, you point that out"

At which point Endo added it to his comment that he felt it looked like the study

So no, it's not an insult or challenge or an indirect jab at you.

Now then, you have a history if responding to feedback very negatively or assuming that you're being attacked (granted, no one was being very friendly over the last few pages). If you keep that up, no one's going to want to help you out.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 12:24 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
08-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Find