Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

Put some bones and skulls on the walls, like forming rare forms/symbols (if it fits the level and story)

07-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

Threads: 3

Well, I'm making corridors:
[Image: C422197BF5CBC16A46537B7575D9718FC2B4815D]
08-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

It is WAY too symmetrical. Unless the person who runs this place has OCD and a lot of money to burn they would put things out of order (lights would be switched off, tables will be at a slight angle ect.)

Hope this helps! Smile
08-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Van Bolovan, that is an aircraft tunnel, not a corridor!

Nice decorating, I like the pure-green light. It gives a very surreal, abstract feeling when combined with the insanely large corridors.

If you wanted to go more to the realistic approach, I'd recommend smaller areas (those halls could easily shrink by about 4 tiles), mix some yellows and blues into the lighting scheme (whitish orange for points of interest where you absolutely need the player to pay attention), put some dust and dirt around on the floor, a cobweb or two in corners, and mess things up a little! Not even the most OCD person would have a perfectly organized house unless everything was nailed to the ground precisely with laser measuring devices ;p

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
08-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

It is not a simple "house" hahaBig Grin.Yea you guys were right it is too symmetrical and seems "surreal",but even if you say that -my plan was initially to egalize the "symmetric" with desorder or with matchlessly and to have of course rooms like: one symmetric and in the same time non-symmetric...I try to make the perfect CS;because I like the perfection but not in term of "symmetric" but in term of ideal or correct.I already have in my CS too- 2 maps containing the"non symmetric" .I should post some screenshots. I want my CS to be unimpeachable even if this word can't be put into practice because however much a person will try the term of "perfection" can't be touched;buut I try to go how much far away I canSmile
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM by SwingsDarkCreeps.)
08-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I don't think I worded myself clearly enough; by "Nice decorating, I like the pure-green light. It gives a very surreal, abstract feeling when combined with the insanely large corridors." I meant "if you're going for a very surreal and meticulously organized room, you've done your job very well".

The majority of my post was for if you *weren't* intentionally going for that and actually wanted something realistic :p

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
08-30-2015, 12:50 AM
Find
SwingsDarkCreeps Offline

(08-30-2015, 12:50 AM)CarnivorousJelly Wrote: I don't think I worded myself clearly enough; by "Nice decorating, I like the pure-green light. It gives a very surreal, abstract feeling when combined with the insanely large corridors." I meant "if you're going for a very surreal and meticulously organized room, you've done your job very well".

The majority of my post was for if you *weren't* intentionally going for that and actually wanted something realistic :p
no problem, I already understand ty for apreciatingSmile.I'm going to put more effort in making maps.And much more I have to make my own material after a while but until then I continue with custom modelsBig Grin.
08-30-2015, 09:14 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Sorry if i am posting this into the wrong thread, or bumping it after 2 months, but i made this room with the new engine and wanted to get some help/advice on how to make it better.
Since i dont really know that much about lighting (Making a perfect environment can even be harder in Level Editors that it is in real life ._.), i just decided to post it in here.
The room is still a heavy W.I.P but well. That is why i am here. Any advice/tips?

Spoiler below!
[Image: 5D7013F4FD5F0BCFF3984BD529BBD092F04113D5]

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 02:05 PM by LordOfDragons.)
10-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

There is already a HPL3 screenshot thread in User made content, showcase...
10-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

For now, I have said it is okay to post your screenshots here to receive criticism about your creations, whether it be in SOMA or Amnesia. In due time, I or other moderators will look into the movement of posts or closing this thread.

To be fair, there are two or three similar threads in the SOMA section about posting screenshots and what you are working on. In due time, depending on how popular, similar and used those particular threads become, they may be merged.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 02:58 PM by Romulator.)
10-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Find