Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Elder Scrolls
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The Elder Scrolls

Holy shit is this argument still going on ?

This game doesn't have an end, there is no point where the game says "there, games finished you cant play it anymore" and considered there's unlimited tasks to do in skyrim, it would never end anyways.

And your computers argument isn't even valid, considering he hasn't even played skyrim.

That's like me saying that amnesia isn't scary when I haven't played it.
12-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-29-2011, 12:09 AM)nackidno Wrote: Again, the game has no ending and no you don't beat it by completing the main quest, I'm sorry Your Computer but that's how the games are built.

The only way that would make sense to me is if you are allowed to continue playing after completing the main story, like STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, etc. In that sense i could see why you would claim "there is no end to the game."

(12-29-2011, 12:21 AM)Arvuti Wrote: This game doesn't have an end, there is no point where the game says "there, games finished you cant play it anymore" and considered there's unlimited tasks to do in skyrim, it would never end anyways.

Unlimited? So the game does repeat itself then? And is(n't) it more like, "There, game's finished, but continue playing if you want"? Whatever the case, it is interesting to see people, including the developers of the game, claiming some form of limit on the game.

(12-29-2011, 12:21 AM)Arvuti Wrote: And your computers argument isn't even valid, considering he hasn't even played skyrim.

That's like me saying that amnesia isn't scary when I haven't played it.

Three words: Argumentum ad hominem.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011, 01:33 AM by Your Computer.)
12-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Website Find
hoppem Offline

Threads: 13

i just wanted some advice on arena and thats it
12-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

I love when pathetic things happen.
12-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Also fun fact about oblivion, there's a quest in it (shadow over hackdirt I believe) what's based off a short H.P Lovecraft story (Frictional games are huge fans of HPL). I got to admit, oblivion has got better quests than skyrim. Like for example you are an assassin stuck inside a house with several guests who believe there is a treasure hidden in this house, only way out to is to murder every single of them. You get a bonus if you murder them all without any of them thinking you are responsible.
12-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Quote:The only way that would make sense to me is if you are allowed to continue playing after completing the main story, like STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, etc. In that sense i could see why you would claim "there is no end to the game."

That's ecactly the case, the main story ends just like any other quest lines (thieves guild, fighters etc). And the game continues like nothing happened.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011, 12:49 PM by eliasfrost.)
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Heres my input Smile

I think YourComputer is comparing the ending of Fallout 3 to the Elder Scrolls Endings. When Fallout 3 ended, you could not continue, thats true. So the length of fallout can be objectively taken as the length of the main story. I understand your point there.

Skyrim doesn't end in the same way as Fallout 3, you can just continue as usual.
Hope this clears things up!

12-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(12-29-2011, 02:31 PM)DRedshot Wrote: I think YourComputer is comparing the ending of Fallout 3 to the Elder Scrolls Endings.

I didn't complete Fallout 3. I put it down because it got boring and i was tired of missing shots that had more than 90% accuracy. I may pick it up again someday--someday.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011, 07:43 PM by Your Computer.)
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Website Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

Icewind dale, anyone?
it's the first game i ever played in my life, it was amazing!

Have you ever compared the forests of skyrim with oblivion, skyrim has no atmosphere at all!
It's still a great game and i had fun playing it, but oblivion is clearly the best game out of the two
I wish oblivion would just have dragons or the handcrafted dungeons like it had in skyrim!

(12-29-2011, 07:42 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(12-29-2011, 02:31 PM)DRedshot Wrote: I think YourComputer is comparing the ending of Fallout 3 to the Elder Scrolls Endings.

I didn't complete Fallout 3. I put it down because it got boring and i was tired of missing shots that had more than 90% accuracy. I may pick it up again someday--someday.
oh COME ON!, i love you for being a brony but fallout 3 is way better than New Vegas, it (just like i said about oblivion) has no atmosphere which i find one of the most important things in an RPG game

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM by BlueFury.)
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

(12-30-2011, 12:10 PM)BlueFury Wrote: Icewind dale, anyone?
it's the first game i ever played in my life, it was amazing!

Have you ever compared the forests of skyrim with oblivion, skyrim has no atmosphere at all!
It's still a great game and i had fun playing it, but oblivion is clearly the best game out of the two
I wish oblivion would just have dragons or the handcrafted dungeons like it had in skyrim!

(12-29-2011, 07:42 PM)Your Computer Wrote:

oh COME ON!, i love you for being a brony but fallout 3 is way better than New Vegas, it (just like i said about oblivion) has no atmosphere which i find one of the most important things in an RPG game
Skyrim has no atmosphere at all ? Dude have you been wanking off to too much MLP ? Skyrim is atmsopheric as hell, even the huge game world has such an awesome atmosphere.

[Image: GA0000.jpg]

12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Find