Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Custom story Death Can Await
Frankiescou Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Custom story Death Can Await

I think that this guy didnt like it...
Anyways, Ill do a Lets Play either this week or next.
Ill bring you feedback then Big Grin

My YouTube!
Oatmeal? ARE YOU CRAZY?!
04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

(04-17-2012, 01:44 AM)Frankiescou Wrote: I think that this guy didnt like it...
Anyways, Ill do a Lets Play either this week or next.
Ill bring you feedback then Big Grin
Ok Smile

(04-17-2012, 12:36 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: How the hell did this get almost 2k downloads!?! This is why I hate the Amnesia CS community now, nothing but 12-13 year olds and their goddamned pewdiepie maps. Anyone who thinks the map design of this is even remotely tolerable clearly has never played the original Amnesia: TDD. No story, no atmosphere/music, no detail, all of the static objects are from different sets, nothing but naked people flying and inescapable grunts/brutes. Terrible. 1/10.

The worst part is, sooo many people consider this good. I think I'm done with the forums for a while after this >.<
This is an old story..Back then jumpscares werent the most hated things in custom stories.So go bitching somewhere else thank you.Also go check the new story im making.Then you will see that i dont only make jumpscare maps. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14108.html

Over 2000 downloads guys!!

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM by Datguy5.)
04-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Find
im a moderfucking bacon eater Offline

Threads: 0
Rainbow  RE: Death Can Await

(02-08-2012, 05:50 AM)Quotentote Wrote:
Spoiler below!
i got killes by 2 monsters cause there was NO WAY to escape...the spawn points are just a bit too hard (as obliviator said: you cant avoid the grunt at the waterpart)

im with you brah :putnam:

(02-08-2012, 04:06 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Ah, new custom stories to play. Makes me smile. Time to go through and see what's up with it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler below!

- First thing that I noticed is that you have .map_cache files. Delete these before uploading, as they may result in bugs as well as increasing overall filesize.
- No introductory sequence. Not always needed, but usually nice.
- I "fell" into your PlayerStartArea. Lower it, or scale it down so this doesn't happen.
- Pick up Key. Monster shows up.. Not exactly scary, and I saw it coming.
- And he poofed.
- Cool, got my lantern. Why I would have this room in my house is beyond me, but whatever.
- Oh. Hello corpse.
- Oh, look. A corridor. Well, this is going to involve either a chase or some jumpscares. Armor is predicted.
- With castlebase, you want to put welders in between all wall segments, as they aren't seamless like mansionbase.
- Yep. Armor materializing out of thin air.
- When using decals like the footprints, use UV subdivs as 2x2. This will let you choose between any of the four pictures.
- Another poofer scare. Unfortunately, these don't affect me any more.
- There's no doorframe around the level door?
- Overall feel of the first level....very bland, the lighting isn't too fantastic, nor is it terrible. The layout is unbelievable, unfortunately. There's no feeling of tension at all, as I've been attacked three times.
- Some of your blood decal by the grunt torso is clipping. You can fix this by moving it up by 0.001 on the Y axis.
- Noticing some clipping on the floor in the first room.
- As with Castlebase, ALL cellarbase walls need to have a welder between them. They are very obviously not seamless.
- Naked dead guy with the Iron Maiden scream. Didn't get me, and it's rather unoriginal.
- Your area to activate the previous script is interactable. It's telling me I can touch it (Hand icon)
- I'd recommend using a door frame in the doorway next time.Having your walls paper thin isn't exactly believable.
- The grunt that popped up out of the closet make me lean back in my chair a little.
- Giant Laudanum?
- Boxlights are a must in any dark area. Even if it's a dim boxlight.
- Off to the Library!
- The scroll pile on one of the shelves is levitating.
- Tons of clipping by the Study door.
- The study hall is...bland. It needs more details added to it, and probably sized down.
- Why is this naked guy floating behind me?
- Same body tossing, sound playing script as most people use. Why use it a second time?
- Same scare...different sound.
- Went back to the "torture room" It's very big, and quite empty.
- Flooded Archives. Kaernk, incoming, I predict.
- Yep. Thought so. Made it to the end to be slaughtered by a brute. No possible way to outrun him, either.
- As much as they were called the "Archives", there was nothing but hallways.
- The grunt scare only surprised me because I imagined it to be a poofer, and it killed me.
- The ending...was fairly weak. It could have been executed better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, there are many improvements that could be made. However, it's evident(based upon the number of levels, and size of some) that you put some effort into them. With further knowledge of the modding tools, I'm sure you'll be able to produce some real quality stuff.

brah why did you tell us that? now i know everything in this custom story
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM by im a moderfucking bacon eater.)
01-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Death Can Await

(01-04-2013, 01:54 PM)im a moderfucking bacon eater Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 05:50 AM)Quotentote Wrote:
Spoiler below!
i got killes by 2 monsters cause there was NO WAY to escape...the spawn points are just a bit too hard (as obliviator said: you cant avoid the grunt at the waterpart)

im with you brah :putnam:

(02-08-2012, 04:06 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Ah, new custom stories to play. Makes me smile. Time to go through and see what's up with it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler below!

- First thing that I noticed is that you have .map_cache files. Delete these before uploading, as they may result in bugs as well as increasing overall filesize.
- No introductory sequence. Not always needed, but usually nice.
- I "fell" into your PlayerStartArea. Lower it, or scale it down so this doesn't happen.
- Pick up Key. Monster shows up.. Not exactly scary, and I saw it coming.
- And he poofed.
- Cool, got my lantern. Why I would have this room in my house is beyond me, but whatever.
- Oh. Hello corpse.
- Oh, look. A corridor. Well, this is going to involve either a chase or some jumpscares. Armor is predicted.
- With castlebase, you want to put welders in between all wall segments, as they aren't seamless like mansionbase.
- Yep. Armor materializing out of thin air.
- When using decals like the footprints, use UV subdivs as 2x2. This will let you choose between any of the four pictures.
- Another poofer scare. Unfortunately, these don't affect me any more.
- There's no doorframe around the level door?
- Overall feel of the first level....very bland, the lighting isn't too fantastic, nor is it terrible. The layout is unbelievable, unfortunately. There's no feeling of tension at all, as I've been attacked three times.
- Some of your blood decal by the grunt torso is clipping. You can fix this by moving it up by 0.001 on the Y axis.
- Noticing some clipping on the floor in the first room.
- As with Castlebase, ALL cellarbase walls need to have a welder between them. They are very obviously not seamless.
- Naked dead guy with the Iron Maiden scream. Didn't get me, and it's rather unoriginal.
- Your area to activate the previous script is interactable. It's telling me I can touch it (Hand icon)
- I'd recommend using a door frame in the doorway next time.Having your walls paper thin isn't exactly believable.
- The grunt that popped up out of the closet make me lean back in my chair a little.
- Giant Laudanum?
- Boxlights are a must in any dark area. Even if it's a dim boxlight.
- Off to the Library!
- The scroll pile on one of the shelves is levitating.
- Tons of clipping by the Study door.
- The study hall is...bland. It needs more details added to it, and probably sized down.
- Why is this naked guy floating behind me?
- Same body tossing, sound playing script as most people use. Why use it a second time?
- Same scare...different sound.
- Went back to the "torture room" It's very big, and quite empty.
- Flooded Archives. Kaernk, incoming, I predict.
- Yep. Thought so. Made it to the end to be slaughtered by a brute. No possible way to outrun him, either.
- As much as they were called the "Archives", there was nothing but hallways.
- The grunt scare only surprised me because I imagined it to be a poofer, and it killed me.
- The ending...was fairly weak. It could have been executed better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, there are many improvements that could be made. However, it's evident(based upon the number of levels, and size of some) that you put some effort into them. With further knowledge of the modding tools, I'm sure you'll be able to produce some real quality stuff.

brah why did you tell us that? now i know everything in this custom story

First of all, Necromancy is not appreciated in Innsmouth, stranger!

Second, never use the phrase "brah" again or I shall cut off both of your nipples.

Third, why do you think it was hidden under a button that said mother-fucking "Spoiler"?

(02-14-2012, 03:39 PM)UberZenux Wrote: Will be back soon Wink

And he was never heard from again.

Spoiler below!

(Seeing as how it's just recently been done and I'm playing that off as the joke, I will, in fact, be necromancifying this post.)

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM by failedALIAS.)
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Brah.

Posting Freak
01-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

.harB

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Find