Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: [RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion

I didn't do anything to you. If you installed it incorrectly, then you screwed your own Amnesia up. I'm sorry for being blunt, but I won't take the blame for something I didn't do, considering how much work I put into this story, and then after the release, how many bugs I had to urgently fix. And like the guy a page or two back said, he has about 7 total conversions installed at once and his vanilla Amnesia game works just fine. It's all in how you installed it. The entire point of the game files being packaged in their own 'Deterioration' folder is so it won't mingle with the stock files, and so it'll work on its own.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Ok than tell me how it is possible that after I copy over all of your files... suddently it doesn't work anymore? And don't give me that "Well... it's not my fault" clichè because I know how to install a full conversion. It's not the first time that I am installing something like this... infact... Im working on a full conversion myself and I dont see how in earth it is possible that fan-made full conversion mod can be so lax. Clearly, you have no idea how to isolate a full conversion mod, because all of the main_games' .cfg files are overwritten.

Why would that happen? Who on earth does this?

PS. You're a lax person for doing this, the problem also is, you don't even take the time to help or even give any suggestions on how other people and myself can resolve this 'mysterious' problem. You take time to reply to me that actually does not help me in anyway at all. Why do you think i'm still on this thread? Because I maybe don't want any help?

So am asking you: "Stop being so lax and putting it on the old 'well it's not my fault'-clichè" because this doesn't help either me or even other people that suffer from this problem aswell. Being that this is conveniently the first time that it happens. So you're either saying that I'm an idiot for not reading the 'readme.txt' (which I did), or that it is my fault because I didn't correctly install it... Well, how could I install it correctly if your files are forcing me to overwrite the original .cfg files?
(02-21-2012, 09:47 PM)Streetboat Wrote: I'm sorry for being blunt, but I won't take the blame for something I didn't do, considering how much work I put into this story, and then after the release, how many bugs I had to urgently fix.
You have nothing to consider. I understand that you may have had to fix bugs, but that doesn't cover up my problem. You purchase a new coffee-machine in the store, you come home and notice it is not working. You go back to the store and talk to the salesman and say: "Well, this unit doesn't work!" The salesman says: "Well, i'm sorry that it doesn't work.... But hey... don't blame me... I didn't do anything..."

This is the exact same problem. You offer a certain 'product' which doesn't work for a particular customer. You're so proud of your work (Because you stated that you had to fix urgent bugs) but you can't take responsibility for your own work?

Well you sir, you wont get your coffee-machine.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 10:56 PM by ZyLogicX.)
02-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-21-2012, 10:47 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Well, how could I install it correctly if your files are forcing me to overwrite the original .cfg files?

By not entering the Deterioration directory and dragging everything out from there. You're only supposed to extract two things: the Deterioration directory (not the individual contents of it) and the .bat file. The only way it would ask you to replace files is if you have previously installed the full conversion. If you haven't and the system is asking you if you would like to overwrite files, then you're doing it wrong. I have verified the structure of the current upload, and i can safely declare that it is a fully isolated full conversion. There is nothing wrong with the directory and file structure of this full conversion in terms of its isolationism.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Website Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

(02-21-2012, 10:59 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 10:47 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Well, how could I install it correctly if your files are forcing me to overwrite the original .cfg files?

By not entering the Deterioration directory and dragging everything out from there. You're only supposed to extract two things: the Deterioration directory (not the individual contents of it) and the .bat file. The only way it would ask you to replace files is if you have previously installed the full conversion. If you haven't and the system is asking you if you would like to overwrite files, then you're doing it wrong. I have verified the structure of the current upload, and i can safely declare that it is a fully isolated full conversion. There is nothing wrong with the directory and file structure of this full conversion in terms of its isolationism.
Oay, but that still doesn't really help me.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
02-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-21-2012, 11:01 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Okay, but that still doesn't really help me.

If you want to fix your installation, i suggest you back up all your custom resources and stories and re-install Amnesia. A simple way of backing up your resources is renaming the redist folder (if you're using retail) to something else. If you're using Steam, verifying cache should also solve it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 11:08 PM by Your Computer.)
02-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(02-21-2012, 11:01 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:

I'll be blunt.

You messed up, you need to reinstall Amnesia to fix it. Backup your custom stories and reinstall. You didn't install his story properly and because of that your Amnesia files are now messed with.

Don't jump on him like he owes you anything. He is doing this for free. He tried his best and it's not his fault you don't follow the readme properly. You only needed to put the Deterioration Folder and the .bat file in your main Amnesia folder - not overwrite everything.

Denzel mofuggin' Washington.

02-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I made quite sure to never have any config files be overwritten. In my old version, before it was properly packaged, the only thing one had to do is merge certain folders with the original Amnesia ones- but they were all entity and prop folders, no config folders were ever being merged.

Anyways, I hope you resolve your problem, but in all honesty, none of what's happening on your end is my fault.

I am on vacation this week, so I'm gonna try to make a quick something. Just a simple custom story.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Streatboat is in the clear
ZyLogicX reinstall the game

02-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(02-21-2012, 11:01 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote:

You need to back off, he doesn't owe you anything

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 04:51 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

I feel it's worth mentioning that the dialogue is a little too quiet to be heard...at the very least needs subtitles
02-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Website Find