Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Well this sure got my blood rushing...........

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I already want it.
02-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Sequel to Amnesia, really?...
"Possibility of really getting scared by the game this time...Plus more videos of people freaking out and screaming on youtube...More custom stories...More voice acting!"
Ok, I'm happy ! "starts singing like Morfar: Lala, lalalala, lalalala...".
02-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-10-2012, 11:20 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: Joke's on you, it's a cube this time.

I bought it on eBay for a penny. They killed me on the shipping, though. Sad

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Website Find
xdeath Offline

(02-11-2012, 08:01 AM)zcbeaton Wrote: DLC sounds like an idea, although I didn't think Frictional were the kind of company to do DLC. An extra scenario, maybe? All I know is that they've definitely said they don't want to do a horror game next, so even something with "Amnesia" in the name seems unlikely.

Quote:The team haven’t said much about their new project so far, but he’s told us this much: “it’s the same sort of game, but it’s not a horror game… but then, it’s still definitely a horror game”. It’s confusing at first, but he explains himself. “If you take Penumbra or Amnesia, those games were games that when we were working on them, we were definitely thinking all the time ‘this is a horror game, this is a horror game, this has to be scary’ and we concentrated very much on the horror bits, but this time, for the new game, for us to get a fresh approach, it’s not the horror at the centre.”

“We’re trying to make a similar type of game, but instead of trying to have this need to push in as much horror as we want, we’re aiming for less of it, but hopefully better horror parts.”

Source: http://zcint.co.uk/article/jens-nilsson-...-interview
What do you think Justine was?

I'm ruling out DLC, reading over Dev articles and announcements suggests only a new game(HPL 3 and all).

And that quote doesn't exclude horror. It says there will be less of it, which, in any development cycle, is subject to change.
If they know what's good for them, they will make another Adventure/Horror game.
I'm not saying that it won't be a great game if there is no horror.

BUT
The only reason Frictional is still around is due to the success of Amnesia.
Amnesia was successful, because it was incredibly scary.

I'm guessing Amnesias sales have slowed.
No console release, and they were to heavily reliant on discount sales. I don't think they can really afford to do something different.
02-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

Frictional's going all Valve on us! Brace yourself for an ARG!
02-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

(02-11-2012, 08:44 AM)Patacorow Wrote: Frictional's going all Valve on us! Brace yourself for an ARG!
Rolleyes Oh dear. We need to get some Valve ARG veterans in here to help.

Actually, you may be right, because Justine was actually part of Portal 2 ARG.
02-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

It might just be wishful thinking on my part but when I look at the teaser image I see a close-up, centred face resembling something like a cross between Mason Verger from "Hannibal" and The Chatterer Cenobite from "Hellraiser", with a torch on either side of the room behind it. It's easier to see when you zoom out (hold Ctrl and roll your mouse wheel to zoom in and out within your browser). Having said that, if you look at the picture upside down it looks like a cow wearing yellow earrings, so who the hell knows? Rolleyes
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

Frictional added an "in development" section on their games page!! So this isn't fake guys ;D
http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/games

So what can we decipher from this image, guys?
[Image: unknown.jpg]

E: The file name is "unkown.jpg". Here's a resized, negative version:

[Image: jjo2dg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 11:14 AM by Patacorow.)
02-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

(02-11-2012, 11:07 AM)Patacorow Wrote: Frictional added an "in development" section on their games page!! So this isn't fake guys ;D
http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/games

So what can we decipher from this image, guys?
[Image: unknown.jpg]

E: The file name is "unkown.jpg". Here's a resized, negative version:

[Image: jjo2dg.jpg]
Oh lol, It's the image for Amnesia Upside down. Check the in development page again
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM by xdeath.)
02-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Find
Welsh cake Offline

(02-10-2012, 11:07 PM)nofsky Wrote: Let me guess... Someone's found another Orb in China.
Very unlikely.

The Orbs were only associated with Mithraism and that didn't spread beyond the Roman Empire across Central Europe and Africa. Unless of course, the fictional universe of Amnesia is alternate-history, and the relics have their roots in Zoroastrianism which did gain official status in some Chinese states.

Mind you, I did read on the wiki that the Shadow was speculated to be the gigantic bovine from Mithraic monuments which in Zoroastrian interpretations depict is primordial bovine "Gavaevodata" whose fleshy matter becomes the progenitor of all life. Might be why there's so much meat moss after Daniel in the game I guess.

Still the connection is so weak its not even tenable at this point, the plot maybe unrelated to the events in the Dark Descent. As much as I love bumbling Daniel, it doesn't matter either way. I don't mind if its a complete new story with a new character or a continuation of our inept archaeologist's plight trying to escape his doom. China has a rich history full of folklore and mythology regardless.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 01:26 PM by Welsh cake.)
02-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Find