Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-12-2012, 02:24 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Go to http://www.thedarkswarm.com/share/. There is a lot of cool sh*t on there.

Just so people know I am not advertising, the nextfrictionalgames website made me go there after I put tease_image_2.jpg after it (so the link would be http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com/tease_image_2.jpg), so it is a Frictional Games website. It has pictures from Unbirth, Amnesia, Penumbra Tech, Penumbra (All sketches and such) and some unknown pictures I don't think I've seen...

EDIT: But when I click the link here, it doesn't do anything! Weird... Just copy and paste that url and it should work...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 12:07 AM by RawkBandMan.)
02-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2

'spose now we can STOP calling it the Amnesia:The Dark Swarm.
This isn't Valve ARG. thdarkswarm.com looks like Frictionals FTP server.

BTW, I swear I've seen that tease image before
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(02-13-2012, 12:05 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 02:24 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Go to http://www.thedarkswarm.com/share/. There is a lot of cool sh*t on there.

Just so people know I am not advertising, the nextfrictionalgames website made me go there after I put tease_image_2.jpg after it (so the link would be http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com/tease_image_2.jpg), so it is a Frictional Games website. It has pictures from Unbirth, Amnesia, Penumbra Tech, Penumbra (All sketches and such) and some unknown pictures I don't think I've seen...

EDIT: But when I click the link here, it doesn't do anything! Weird... Just copy and paste that url and it should work...

Seems like the same stuff that was in super_secret.rar

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2

(02-13-2012, 01:29 AM)Kein Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 12:05 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:

Seems like the same stuff that was in super_secret.rar
Now that we got that out of the way.
What we've learned so far.
--This next game has no title so far. "Amnesia: The dark Swarm" was just some people jumping "at shadows", so to speak.
--It has something to do with China, because it links to google maps china.
--It IS a full project, because it's featured here. Don't get excited about the thumbnail it's the one for Amnesia, just upside down and in negative.

Speculation: The game will be released in China, upside down and in negative.
02-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(02-13-2012, 01:50 AM)xdeath Wrote: Speculation: The game will be released in China, upside down and in negative.

I'd buy it.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 01:59 AM by Kman.)
02-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Website Find
Crafter Offline

Threads: 1

(02-12-2012, 03:28 AM)Crafter Wrote:
.jpg   1.jpg (Size: 55.61 KB / Downloads: 137)

This is if you flip it upside down, then it just looks like a cave.

.jpg   2.jpg (Size: 56.83 KB / Downloads: 148)

Is what i think it is.
Also, i think i can see the streets, but the 2 lights are still wierd

.jpg   3.jpg (Size: 53.72 KB / Downloads: 257)
02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I swear they said it wasn't going to be an Amnesia sequel. Or maybe I was imagining things. It is a bit odd that they have put the amnesia logo so it may be Amnesia 2. The China setting is interesting though, could be more open world.

Quote From IGN: If you reaaallly blur your eyes, you can make out that the image is clearly of a human fetus in-utero, holding two lighters and rocking out to Pink Floyd.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM by BrooksyFC.)
02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

I think Amnesia 2 is pretty bland for a sequel name. I think Amnesia: The Dark Swarm or something like that is far better. Also, in the Frictional Games YouTube channel there is an early grass simulation video, maybe The Dark Swarm and the grass could make scary bugs that lay low in the grass stalking you or something like that. China also seems like a strange place for a direct Amnesia sequel because most of Amnesia's plot and architecture is medieval Prussian; indirect sequel?

[Image: TRcp2.png]
02-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

Since we know that.

1. It will be horror game but horror is not the main focus.
2. "Something is emerging".

This is wild speculation time when so few details have been revealed.

What if, instead of playing as male character, we get to play as the Shadow and/or Orb instead or something else? I do realize this is extremely unlikely as they have their tried and true formula for making a more horror games. Also it would easily work against horror element to put player in position to cause it to other characters in-game.
02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(02-13-2012, 01:01 PM)Brennenburg Wrote: I think Amnesia 2 is pretty bland for a sequel name. I think Amnesia: The Dark Swarm or something like that is far better. Also, in the Frictional Games YouTube channel there is an early grass simulation video, maybe The Dark Swarm and the grass could make scary bugs that lay low in the grass stalking you or something like that. China also seems like a strange place for a direct Amnesia sequel because most of Amnesia's plot and architecture is medieval Prussian; indirect sequel?
You've got a good point with the grass. I remember seeing that. Also Frictional Games are hiring for an environmental artist. Just shows that the game is gunna be more open. I like the idea of the bugs, but I still think a human form creature is more scary.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Find