Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-13-2012, 07:44 PM)Darkchef Wrote: Its most likely going to be another expansion of Amnesia: The Dark Descent as it already says Amnesia on the image. Why would they do that if it was going to have a completely new title?

Would be decent if you were playing at the dig where the orb was discovered, seems like a possibility. Or maybe another orb was discovered in China and Daniel is going to destroy it?

Would be nice if we had a proper announcement FG!
This. Someone quoted the reddit thread earlier in the thread, where Frictional said there would likely be another Amnesia expansion bfeore their next full-fledged game. Now, of course we can't be sure, but I'll bet this is just that. Not that that's a bad thing!

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote:

Would be nice if we had a proper announcement FG!
I don't want any such thing, I want them to surprise us!
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Website Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Well this sure got my blood rushing...........

(02-09-2012, 04:32 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: This looks exactly like...
Actually I don't even know
Spoiler below!
[Image: somethingemerging.jpg] yeah I can't tweak the pic for anything fun... Less blur please!
It looks like there are 2 lanterns on the sides
02-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

I still don't really want a new Amnesia but an entirely new game instead... After all they said they wanted to make their next game evoke different emotions rather than just horror in players... and that's not very Amnesia-esque. At first I was pretty dissapointed when I heard it wasn't focused on horror, but I actually grew curiosity towards it and now I'm eager to see what they meant.

Besides, unlike Penumbra: Overture, Amnesia did not end with a cliffhanger. The story was wrapped up and finished. So the only way FG can make another game is by making a prequel or by making it take place in the same universe and time as Amnesia 1.

But... It's still FG. And they have never stopped amazing me. Even if it's an Amnesia sequel (like it almost obviously is) I'm sure I'll still pre-order it and love it.
02-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I was also kinda disappointed when I saw the Amnesia title in the teaser image.
I'd hoped for something entirely new as the Amnesia story was nicely wrapped up and already has an expansion (justine).

But anyway, i'm sure that FG won't disappoint me with whatever they are about to release!

02-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
shulle Offline

Threads: 0

It would be awesome with a prequel don't u think??
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

You know - FG might just be trolling us, and the reason it has Amnesia in the title is because, get this:

It's a brand new Amnesia expansion.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

(02-14-2012, 01:15 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: You know - FG might just be trolling us, and the reason it has Amnesia in the title is because, get this:

It's a brand new Amnesia expansion.
This is the clear image xD

[Image: IErSH.jpg]

[Image: TRcp2.png]
02-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

You know, sometimes I wonder if people even bother to read the thread before they post.

@rockbandman Yes, that has been mentioned several times already, the latest 5 posts above.

@Patacorow this is just my opinion, so don't take it to heart, but I severely doubt this is about a sequel. Like I already stated, I think it's probably an expansion.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2012, 01:57 AM by Gasjockey.)
02-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

It's just an expansion guys, nothing big like a sequel or anything. Because they are making a whole new engine and game, they can't possibly find the time or resources to create a whole new amnesia sequel.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Find