Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-20-2012, 11:31 PM)Remer Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 10:31 PM)kman Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 06:07 PM)Googolplex Wrote: WHAT ?
READING THIS THREAD SHOCKED ME ALWAYS SO HARD !

THEY ARE WORKING ON TWO NEW PROJECTS NOW ?

I REALLY THINK YOU UNDERSTAND SOMETHING WRONG !

This seems like the first real ingame screenshot from the upcoming Amnesia game.
It's the same with the machinery for pigs, the next full horror game.

[Image: ogue9sza.jpg]

I think, they implement more survival, open-world and adventure elements, but it's still a game with horror.
Or aren't I up to date?

Look at the walls on the right, I'm sure it's a screenshot from the next Amnesia.
The fact that they didn't use the correct extension wall on the second level of walls is probably enough to prove that this probably isn't official...
Are you retarded? That picture is concept art. Not a screenshot.
No, but the person who originally posted it obviously did.

"This seems like the first real ingame screenshot from the upcoming Amnesia game."

Maybe try reading next time before you go around making accusations.

Posting Freak
02-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(02-20-2012, 02:30 PM)dph314 Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 07:48 AM)Kein Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 01:25 AM)dph314 Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 12:53 AM)Kein Wrote: More powerful than Alexander? Way too deus ex and out of nowhere.

Nah, Frictional is better than that. There is definitely will be good connection and reference to already built basis.

They're better than that? Well they wouldn't go in the other direction, since the purpose of most sequels is to out-do yourself, or improve upon/build upon the story, and who would want to see someone weaker/dumber than the previous antagonist?

It could very well be someone who decided to continue Alexander's work, or like the one post just said, more than one person... taking torture for vitae beyond the one/few at a time like in Amnesia

Better in setting up the plot and the story. I' by all means, have nothing against teh fact that you may enjoy cheap continuation, but I'd prefer something sane and reasonable.

Sane and reasonable when discussing magic orbs and a non-existant vitae substance?

Yes? I was talking about aspects of a universe and setting, the consistency of it, not about realistic re-presentation. When the continuation fits well and sand and reasonable in the same setting - this what makes it successful. Just take a look at how small amount of good sequels in videogame world and WHAT exactly ruins them and you will understand what I mean.

To put it simple: it will be boring and lame if there is just another almighty prototype of Alexander will appear and Daniel will have to deal with him, basically repeating the story in some conceptual aspects of the original. But if they manage to introduce a bit renewed concept and gameplay/storytelling (and a new story of course) with heavy and numerous references to Amnesia - this would be just great.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Find
Sebatiger Offline

Threads: 9

The End.
02-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Well yeah that could very well be the case. It's not only going to be a good game if they come up with something aside from using an orb and extracting vitae though. There's a lot that could be added to the plot/characters. Just saying I don't think it will be too different of a story/plot. Things can change yet remain the same. Just speculating of course. Just mean it would be cool to know more about or add to what's already going on, instead of something completely different. Maybe a different protagonist in his own situation with an orb, doesn't have to be the exact same setup of "bad guy using orb to get to dead wife and [player] must stop him" though.
I completely agree with your last post though.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 04:17 AM by dph314.)
02-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Find
Jdog8998 Offline

Threads: 2

(02-17-2012, 09:51 PM)Sebatiger Wrote: Perhaps gameB is actually Amnesia 2 and the guys who made "dear esther" are working with FG to make it?
That's what I'm thinking it is.
02-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

I'm definitely seeing some brush strokes in this... looks more like concept art than screenshot.

[Image: ZbOzq.jpg]
02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7

(02-20-2012, 10:03 PM)darkely Wrote: ^202 words...

IMPOSING COIFING COMINGS COMPING COPINGS GIMPING IMPINGS MISCOIN OMNIFIC PICNICS PIGGINS POISING SCOPING SICCING SPICING COIGNS COMICS COMING CONGII CONICS COPING COSIGN COSMIC FICINS GIPONS GNOMIC GOINGS GONIFS ICINGS ICONIC IMPING INCOGS IONICS MOPING PICNIC PIGGIN PINGOS PIONIC POSING SIPING CIONS CISCO COIFS COIGN COINS COMIC COMPS CONIC FICIN FINIS FINOS FOINS GIMPS GIPON GISMO GOING GONGS GONIF ICING ICONS IMINO IMPIS INCOG INFOS IONIC MIGGS MINIS NOGGS OPING OPSIN OSMIC PIING PINGO PINGS PIONS PISCO PONGS SCION SONIC CION COGS COIF COIN COMP CONI CONS COPS FICO FIGS FINO FINS FISC FOCI FOGS FOIN FONS FOPS GIGS GIMP GINS GIPS GONG ICON IMPI IMPS INFO IONS MIGG MIGS MINI MISO MOCS MOGS MONS MOPS NIMS NIPS NISI NOGG NOGS NOMS PICS PIGS PING PINS PION PISO POIS POMS PONG PONS SCOP SIGN SIMP SING SMOG SNIP SNOG SONG SPIC SPIN CIS COG CON COP COS FIG FIN FOG FON FOP GIG GIN GIP IFS IMP INS ION ISM MIG MIS MOC MOG MON MOP MOS NIM NIP NOG NOM NOS OMS ONS OPS PIC PIG PIN PIS POI POM PSI SIC SIM SIN SIP SON SOP GO IF IN IS MI MO NO OF OM ON OP OS PI SI SO
p.sure it says Pigs Incoming

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM by GoDl1Kelol.)
02-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Right, so they are working on 2 projects, that's confirmed. So one is the new Amnesia and is the other to do with this Chinese room? I'm just gunna be patient and wait for FG to confirm all of this and release some more details (probs around march time)

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

The Amnesia one is the one that has to do with Chinese Room, since their other game is not Amnesia related according to them.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Ah I see. I saw that GameB on TCR website. Can't wait too see more

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Find