Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

Haha, "RECEPTIONIST", my sides.
(tho, i'd sign up for it as well)

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

hmm lighting on the picture showed could be better... and at the same time looking at it reminds more of a mod rather then a new amnesia game for some reason... but i can't say for sure since the picture haves terrible quality :/
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Website Find
WesleyTack Offline

Threads: 0

Thanks for the feedback and criticism on this development video I made. The video was meant to only show the asset in game at the end, not as a final representation of the area. The video was purely meant to show the way I work and create assets with already existing materials in a map. I also fixed up the grating and floor to be less modern, I didn't rehearse that video and it's recorded as I was creating it. The materials used in the video were updated since I created it. As any game during development things change and grow as the work progresses. I also keep trying to find references of when stuff was invented and trying to find out if I'm not time traveling :p For instance I was using a pallet in an area at some point but they were only invented in 1937! And this game is taking place new years eve 1899. As we try and stay accurate with everything I obviously removed it! This blurry image doesn't do it justice at all so don't look at it for too! :p

Hardarm: Happy birthday! Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM by WesleyTack.)
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

@WesleyTack
You are one of the devs for upcoming Amnesia?
Wow... epic!
I would like to see more stairs down into an unknown dark cellar complex.
Hope there will also be very different varied rooms and locations, that you need more time to play the game and enjoy atmosphere.
03-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(03-16-2012, 04:11 PM)WesleyTack Wrote: I also keep trying to find references of when stuff was invented and trying to find out if I'm not time traveling :p For instance I was using a pallet in an area at some point but they were only invented in 1937! And this game is taking place new years eve 1899. As we try and stay accurate with everything I obviously removed it!
Haha, good call there. Would really be awkward if someone realized the mistake while they were playing through the game XD

03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:For instance I was using a pallet in an area at some point but they were only invented in 1937!
Damn, that's a lot of work, but this is what makes us appreciate the aesthetics of the game design in the end.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
03-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Find
she Offline

Threads: 0

(03-16-2012, 04:11 PM)WesleyTack Wrote: I also keep trying to find references of when stuff was invented and trying to find out if I'm not time traveling :p For instance I was using a pallet in an area at some point but they were only invented in 1937! And this game is taking place new years eve 1899.

it sounds silly, but i figure i should make myself useful somehow. i used to work with antiques, so if you have any questions regarding things of this nature, feel free to send me a PM and i'll do my best to help. little details are my favorite!

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
03-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

(03-15-2012, 06:46 PM)Mehis Wrote: Yup, I was disappointed when I heard that Tarmia wouldn't work on it.
Horror game without the right music can't be called horror game.
^
/\

Voice actor

Painful shadows

03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Website Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

We haven't announced the composer yet...

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
03-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(03-16-2012, 04:11 PM)WesleyTack Wrote: Thanks for the feedback and criticism on this development video I made. The video was meant to only show the asset in game at the end, not as a final representation of the area. The video was purely meant to show the way I work and create assets with already existing materials in a map. I also fixed up the grating and floor to be less modern, I didn't rehearse that video and it's recorded as I was creating it. The materials used in the video were updated since I created it. As any game during development things change and grow as the work progresses. I also keep trying to find references of when stuff was invented and trying to find out if I'm not time traveling :p For instance I was using a pallet in an area at some point but they were only invented in 1937! And this game is taking place new years eve 1899. As we try and stay accurate with everything I obviously removed it! This blurry image doesn't do it justice at all so don't look at it for too! :p

Hardarm: Happy birthday! Smile
Thank you!! Smile

listen to boards of canada
03-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Website Find